Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The lights are on but nobody's home  (Read 1274 times)

eastend

• View Profile
The lights are on but nobody's home
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:40:35 AM »
I'm a hillbilly and I suffer from stereotype threat.  Shouldn't I get a break too?  I know when I get into Harvard with my 145 LSAT that I'll probably drop out, and my chances of passing the bar are poor, but I'm just so challenged when it comes to those standardized tests. 

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The lights are on but nobody's home
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »
I'm a hillbilly and I suffer from stereotype threat.  Shouldn't I get a break too?  I know when I get into Harvard with my 145 LSAT that I'll probably drop out, and my chances of passing the bar are poor, but I'm just so challenged when it comes to those standardized tests. 

Wow! That's a grammatical construction I'm not familiar with: "stereotype threat". Only a true cynic can master the art of well-spoken, well-written, intelligent sarcasm. Hence, this is why I'm the reigning champion in this arena. I've come a long way from my roots of growing up working class, rural, white and a poor standardized test taker.

And "challenged" clearly understates the paranoid insecurity demonstrated in the above post.

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »
I'll take pity on you, assuming that English is your second language.   Please familiarize yourself with some of the basic concepts associated with AA.  If you don't know 'em, how can you scoff at 'em.  Think before you post, please.

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »
If the purpose to this thread is to inflame, you'll notice I was the only one who deemed it worth the time to reply to you which should give you some measure of your success.

You make the same tired complaints against AA that have been used since the idea was introduced. In fact, your statements border on racism. Do you have anything new or unique to bring to the table? In case you haven't noticed, white students from rural and/or poor backgrounds also receive a type of affirmative action, it's just not as well publicized AA for blacks and Latinos.

And I extend my condolences that you weren't taught that stringing any two or three polysyllabic words together doesn't automatically generate something grammatically or linguistically intelligble.

I'm out.

killaqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »
Laughed my ass off.  Can LegalMatters weally be that dumb?  Not that I agree with the original poster.

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:23 PM »
Anyone wanting to go to the haterade board should just hitch a ride on this thread.... next stop!