Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school loner?  (Read 3118 times)

sweet beans

• View Profile
Law school loner?
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »
Am I the only person here who feels like they can't relate to anyone who posts on this site?

button127

• View Profile
Re: Law school loner?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »
ditto

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 12:42:33 AM »
Everyone on this board generally has much higher numbers than me, if that is what you mean by not being able to relate.  However, no one has ever made fun of me for applying to T2 schools and at least one person always answered my questions when I felt clueless about the application process. 

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »
Don't worry.  Stick around long enough and you'll find your niche.

We don't all have T-14 numbers, I promise.  :)

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »
It's funny, I graduated Summa Cum Laude from college, have a master's degree in which I graduated with distinction and a 159 LSAT and sometimes I feel like a complete loser on this site.  It is about 6-10 points seperating me from them, yet I will go to either a T2 no money or a T3 paid.  I come to this board so often and usually leave feeling exactly like a loner and down and out.  This is even with good numbers and a ton of leadership activities.  Damn you LSAT!!!
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 03:52:45 AM »
Am I the only person here who feels like they can't relate to anyone who posts on this site?
Not relating to people on this site doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to relate to people in your law school class. That is, I don't know that the site presents a representative sample of law students.

In my experience, many law students are surprisingly, overall, normal and unquantifiable. They don't have many commonalities other than the fact that they're in law school and, generally, do well enough academically to have gotten in and remain. Otherwise, I know people all over the map in terms of current interests, future interests, history, family life, etc.

My guess, as long as you're open to talking to people, you'll be pleasantly surprised about your classmates.

h2xblive

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:37:44 PM »

What things do you relate to?

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
Your feelings are a sign of weakness. Potential employers/your law student peers will sense and exploit this.

Consider guidance counseling as a vocational path.
Air Force JAG Corps

pdxsaint

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »
Its mostly just internet people on this website.  You can't let nameless, faceless internet people make you feel one way or another.  Go to law school and relate to actual law students.  People just act like jackasses on internet forums because they can.  Just roll with it.
Gonzaga 2010: Decided

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
Everyone on this board generally has much higher numbers than me, if that is what you mean by not being able to relate.  However, no one has ever made fun of me for applying to T2 schools and at least one person always answered my questions when I felt clueless about the application process. 

join us.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85112.msg2102928.html#msg2102928
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD