Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18867 times)

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
Re: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »
You find out what books you need the same time as your section, about a week early.  They don't tell you what books you need, but once you know your section you can go into the bookstore and they have them set up by section.   It is best to go before school actually starts to avoid the rush (but call 1st to make sure the books are in).   i think they upped the budget this year for books...you will spend that much (I think it is between $400-600 depending on the section and if you get optional books)
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2007, 07:39:35 AM »
The book cost doesn't include hornbooks/study books, right?  Those run about $30-40 a piece.

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »
So I know the shuttle runs every 15-20 minutes, but does anyone know how long it takes to get to main campus and then how long it takes to get to newton from the orkney road grad housing property?

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
The book cost doesn't include hornbooks/study books, right?  Those run about $30-40 a piece.

That is correct, it does not include those books.  My price range was my best guess recollection though, I could be off.  I do recommend getting studybooks/hornbooks.  Most profs will tell you not to get them, but do so anyway.  They range in usefulness, but are generally pretty helpful.  In some classes I didn't touch them and others I lived by them, just depends on how well the prof teaches the material.  Be careful though, because sometimes they contradict the prof, so you need to make sure to still take good notes and know what the prof wants because in a contradiction, the prof wins.

8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2007, 08:16:45 AM »
Does anyone know how bad the gym on newton campus is? I really just use the treadmill/elliptical when I go to the gym and thats it. I've heard its really bad, but I assume that is because people are dissapointed with the weights?

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
It's pretty tiny. Although they do have tredmills and stairs. I've already gotten a year membership to a private gym.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »
I'm going to the new YMCA in Brighton.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010!!!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »
SECTION 2!
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »
Bamf, how did you find out?
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2007, 05:34:17 PM »
U -view on agora
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...