Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18738 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
Whats the diff?  I would guess the more expensive one would be better ... what are the prices?
(Maybe a link would be best)
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2007, 10:34:16 PM »
So BC offers a discounted semester T pass, but I don't know which one I would need. What's the diff between a Linkpass and a Zone 1A pass? Would i need to use the inner or outer express busses?? Totally lost when it comes to public transit.

I guess it's more applicable for you guys, since you'd be taking the T more often to get downtown, but I actually preferred getting a Charlie Card rather than getting a semester pass (which I used to do until the Charlie Cards came out), just because I could refill it whenever I wanted, instead of paying a couple hundred for the semester pass and only using it a dozen times.

And you can get info on the passes at www.mbta.com

;D thanks MP
I just think this is funny because I watch the Cornell thread every now and then just to see if I can add tidbits about living in Ithaca.
2L, Boston College Law

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2007, 10:29:29 AM »
hmm well I won't have a car, so I'm thinking I might just go with the semester pass! I emailed the BC admin, so they should be able to let me know! I'll post it on here incase anyone else wonders in the future.

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
I have a quick question if anybody has any experience working with attorneys here. I've been talking to alot of friends and I've heard stories about how alot of attorneys are working 100 hour weeks. Is there any truth to this? I mean, I'm ok even working 80 hour weeks, but having to bill 80 and work 100 a week at some of these big firms just seems too absurd to be true.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »
This is complete hearsay, but I've only heard about 70 hours. I also hear that even at top firms the amount of hours ebbs and flows depending on the case and its demands? WHo knowwws... Any actual attorneys or people connected to attorneys on this thing that want to answer?

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
So BC offers a discounted semester T pass, but I don't know which one I would need. What's the diff between a Linkpass and a Zone 1A pass? Would i need to use the inner or outer express busses?? Totally lost when it comes to public transit.

Hi!

A linkpass is a standard monthly pass that gives you unlimited T and Bus usage.  It does not cover commuter rail or certain express buses.  (For a better description, go to www.mbta.com.)

I think that you should be fine with a linkpass, but it totally depends on where you are living.  If you know this, go to www.mbta.com and use the trip planner funciton (at the bottom of the screen).  If you are planning on living on the Boston College line of the Green line, you can take the green line to Boston College and grab the shuttle that goes from BC to BC Law (for this you will definitely only need a linkpass).  Anyway, the mbta website should give you enough information, if it doesn't, go ahead and give the T a call... their transit system may not be so nice, but their phone people are.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2007, 08:15:57 PM »

Hi!

A linkpass is a standard monthly pass that gives you unlimited T and Bus usage.  It does not cover commuter rail or certain express buses.  (For a better description, go to www.mbta.com.)

I think that you should be fine with a linkpass, but it totally depends on where you are living.  If you know this, go to www.mbta.com and use the trip planner funciton (at the bottom of the screen).  If you are planning on living on the Boston College line of the Green line, you can take the green line to Boston College and grab the shuttle that goes from BC to BC Law (for this you will definitely only need a linkpass).  Anyway, the mbta website should give you enough information, if it doesn't, go ahead and give the T a call... their transit system may not be so nice, but their phone people are.

hey there ... are you going to be joining us at BCLS?
2L, Boston College Law

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »

hey there ... are you going to be joining us at BCLS?
[/quote]

I wish.  I'm on the waitlist.  I live in Boston, though, and so if I'm admitted at any point this summer, I will go to BC.  (Otherwise, I'll be going to Northeastern.)

I've lived in Boston for three years, and I use public transportation regularly if anyone needs any information about the Boston area.  (I live pretty close to BC.)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
so this is kind of dorky, but

I was on agora looking at my bill and aid and stuff and figured I would check a few places to see if they had revealed our sections on accident ... which they haven't.  But I found the listings of all courses and times and roughly figured out our schedule for the fall.

In a bit of awesome news, half of the class will escape 9am classes!  In terrible news, half of the class will have Legal Research at 9am T, W and F.  If you have LRW then, you will have an hour off before your next class.  No one will have 9am class on Monday or Thursday.  Hoo ray.

All 3 sections have Civ Pro at 10 on M and Th.
Everyone has class M-W-Th 11-1205.  This will either be Ks (2 sections) or Torts.
Everyone will also have class every day from 2-305 ... either Property or Torts MWF, and the remaining class (P, K, T) on TTh ... and whatever class you have on TTh you will also have 11-1205 Friday.

So long story short, M 10-1205, 2-305
                     T 9/10, 2-305
                     W 9/10, 11-1205, 2-305
                     Th 10-1205, 2-305
                     F 9/10, 11-205, 2-305
2L, Boston College Law

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »
Not a bad schedule at all. Thanks for the info!
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U