Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18761 times)

brettlawless

• View Profile
Re: The Bad A$$ Mother F-ing Boston College Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »
thats a really cool idea actually ... I think I've created 3 different blogs over the years but I never tend to them because I don't really have a reason to ... but it could be cool to have it to show prospective students (says the prospective student)

Hey thanks  :)

As a prospective student, I know I've received significant benefit from reading quality law student blogs the last few years. But not only is a good law student blog helpful to prospective students, if done well, it can also serve as a kind of advertisement for the law school. In addition, there is the possibility of it turning into a fun and mutually beneficial dialog between law students blogging at other schools. The only drawback as far as I can tell is that one could end up pumping a lot of time into it; and, as I'm sure we're going to find out, time will be in short supply come November and December. Another part of me thinks that the time invested in a blog is worth it because it will help to hone writing skills.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010!!!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »
thats a really cool idea actually ... I think I've created 3 different blogs over the years but I never tend to them because I don't really have a reason to ... but it could be cool to have it to show prospective students (says the prospective student)

Hey thanks  :)

As a prospective student, I know I've received significant benefit from reading quality law student blogs the last few years. But not only is a good law student blog helpful to prospective students, if done well, it can also serve as a kind of advertisement for the law school. In addition, there is the possibility of it turning into a fun and mutually beneficial dialog between law students blogging at other schools. The only drawback as far as I can tell is that one could end up pumping a lot of time into it; and, as I'm sure we're going to find out, time will be in short supply come November and December. Another part of me thinks that the time invested in a blog is worth it because it will help to hone writing skills.

Thats what I've always hoped ... I like to think of myself as a decent writer but I feel like I spend too much time working on stuff.  Maybe I will try to put together a 1L blog.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
I'm pretty damn stoked about BC Law!!

My deposit is in.  I just yesterday sent a whole slew of documents to the financial aid folks.  All the 1040/W2/soul they demanded to confirm my aid awards.

No clue where I'm gonna live yet.  I'm thinking about moving into the USS Constitution.

I've only once been to boston before.  It was a trip during my freshman year of college.

I think the BC 1L blog is a wonderful idea.  I've started a blog several times, but never stuck with it.  Having Law School buddies blogging along with me would help a lot.

I'm from Tennessee.  Any other Southerners here going to BC Law?

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 12:35:06 PM »
I'm pretty damn stoked about BC Law!!

My deposit is in.  I just yesterday sent a whole slew of documents to the financial aid folks.  All the 1040/W2/soul they demanded to confirm my aid awards.

No clue where I'm gonna live yet.  I'm thinking about moving into the USS Constitution.

I've only once been to boston before.  It was a trip during my freshman year of college.

I think the BC 1L blog is a wonderful idea.  I've started a blog several times, but never stuck with it.  Having Law School buddies blogging along with me would help a lot.

I'm from Tennessee.  Any other Southerners here going to BC Law?

Hell yeah! I'm from Arkansas.  ;D

Bezerkley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »
I go to school in South Carolina.  Somewhat southern for 3 years.

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:46 PM »
I go to school in South Carolina.  Somewhat southern for 3 years.

I grew up in Aiken County SC.  It's a great state, I rather miss it.  ^_^

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2007, 10:34:51 PM »
coming to Boston will only make you miss the south more...take it from me : homegrown Texan, spent college in Nashville

that being said, that's probably the only knock on BC I can think of...looking forward to seeing all of y'all next year

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »
coming to Boston will only make you miss the south more...take it from me : homegrown Texan, spent college in Nashville

that being said, that's probably the only knock on BC I can think of...looking forward to seeing all of y'all next year

Yeeeee! Haw!

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Would you guys want to start a 1L blog, or just join eagleionline.com?

I think a separate 1L blog may be a worthy endeavor.  A wordpress blog is easy to setup, and costs next to nothing if you have 3+ people chipping in.

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »
Would you guys want to start a 1L blog, or just join eagleionline.com?

I think a separate 1L blog may be a worthy endeavor.  A wordpress blog is easy to setup, and costs next to nothing if you have 3+ people chipping in.

I agree, and I'd be willing to pitch in.

Do you think wordpress is better than movable type or typepad?