Law School Discussion

BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: The Bad A$$ Mother F-ing Boston College Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
1) yeah, orientation sounds great

2) I'm an ultimate player ... when a ball dreams, it dreams that its a frisbee ...

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »
You guys want to aim to have this thing up and running around orientation?

Definitely. I think it's a great summer project. Have you looked into getting a host? I think GoDaddy registers domains for cheap.

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
I love field sports, so I'm down with soccer and ultimate. Rowing might be fun, too. 

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »
I actually thought about joining the law school rugby team.  I've never played in my life (my UG's team has been suspended indefinitely since I got here ... I guess they used to be a little rowdy) but I've always thought it looked fun.

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »
I've been known to play ultimate.  I have the running down pat.  But the throwing and the catching... not so much.

Soccer is definitely my thing.  I'm also pretty excited about the running club.

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »
The running club looks suhweet: http://www.bc.edu/clubs/lsasports/home.html

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »
The running club looks suhweet: http://www.bc.edu/clubs/lsasports/home.html

You might want to check out the video from the Boston Marathon a few weeks ago:
http://eagleionline.com/blog/2007/04/21/running-of-the-bulls/

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »
Hey guys. I just checked out www.newtons-law.org. It doesn't look like it's been registered. I think we should jump on it.

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »
p.s. Once we get the domain name, it would probably be easier to pay blawgcoop to set up MT or Wordpress. What do you think?

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2007, 08:20:26 PM »
Just to reiterate what a couple people have already alluded to: the BC Law running club is very, very sweet.  It is probably the most well-run student organization I've ever encountered.  Not only are there multiple group runs/workouts scheduled every day, but it also provides access to about 1 race per month (weather permitting), in some pretty cool places like Cape Cod, Maine, etc.

For example, in October, we took a trip up to Stowe, VT for a training weekend.  Some people just went up to booze/soak up the mountain air, but some of the more dedicated took a 20 mile bike ride up to Smuggler's Notch, followed it with a 5k run over the river and through the woods (literally), then everyone capped the day off with hike.

Likewise, we entered 4 relay teams in the Cape Cod Marathon in November, which was also a lot of fun.  The president of the club is really knowledgable about all things running/working out (he's a mutliple Ironman finisher), and the personal gains made by people in the club reflect it.  Some girl went from not having run more then 5 miles to running a half-marathon at a 9 min pace or something.  Overall, probably the best people I've encountered at BC Law are in the running club, so I definitely suggest signing up