Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18597 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: The Bad A$$ Mother F-ing Boston College Thread
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 12:56:24 AM »
lookin very spiffy! nice job.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 02:56:59 AM »
Cew. Way cew. Southerners got mad skilz.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010!!!

brettlawless

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2007, 06:59:36 PM »
We know that Newton actually came up with three laws. So do we want to call it "Newton's Law" or "Newton's Laws"? Both are taken in the .com domain, but the latter is available in the .org domain.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010!!!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
I like the singular just because it distances the title from I. Newton just enough for people to realize the meaning ... well, BC Law people, anyways.  Could the domain be NewtonsLawBlog.com or something?
2L, Boston College Law

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Penelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2007, 11:13:56 PM »
Have you guys considered maybe doing this as a section on the EagleIOnline blog instead of starting a separate blog. The internet is littered with abandoned blogs and it's usually hard to attract (and more importantly, retain) readers. Seems like the EagleIOnline blog is already some of the way there and would give you more readers and a more established web presense. I'm sure they would be happy to have a section led by 0Ls to talk about 0L issues at BC.

I do like the 0L blog idea and want to see it happen (which is why it may be more practical to piggy-back off an existing blog).. anyway - just a thought  :)
woo-hoo (accept): BC, GULC, Northwestern, Cornell, Vanderbilt ($), WUStL ($$), GW, BU ($)
d'oh (reject): Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UChicago, NYU, Boalt
meh (defer/wl): Penn, Duke, UVa

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »
I see what you mean about readership but EagleI isn't really a blog, its more of a news source. Whereas EagleI provides information about general goings-on at BCLS, and provides a forum for all students to comment on aspects of the law school culture, this blog idea is (at least in my mind) headed more towards being half "PrawfsBlog"/ half Paper Chase ... capturing both the experience and musings of some 1Ls at BC.  I know that I personally have received a ton of great info from Nuke and Stuje and the rest of the BCLSers who post on here ... I think that blog could turn into more of a repository of experiences with, and tips on, surviving 1L (for anyone, but particularly prospective BCers) ... (that is, assuming I survive  ;D )
2L, Boston College Law

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2007, 12:44:37 AM »
speaking of eaglei, quality article just posted addressing the most pertinent issues from the town hall mtg. held by the deans.  I'm pretty happy with this information.
2L, Boston College Law

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
For those intersted, the post bamf refers to is at:

http://eagleionline.com/blog/2007/04/25/dean-garvey-outlines-bclss-strategic-plan/

I agree by the way that this is a pretty well-written account of the administration's response to the USNWR rankings, with an interesting anecdote about why we dropped from #22-#29 a few years ago.

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
You guys want to aim to have this thing up and running around orientation?

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
On a totally unrelated note, I hope some of you want to kick a soccer ball around next semester.  I plan to bring ye ol' soccer ball with me to Boston.  We need to stay healthy through 1L Hell, and theres no better way to do it than with the beautiful game.