Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18734 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: The Bad A$$ Mother F-ing Boston College Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
Well there was a BC vs BU thread last week ... it kind of turned into a fight in the middle few pages, but by the end there were several BC kids there sharing their experiences.  One poster who was involved in LSD last year and is a BC 1L now has an SA position at Skadden.  Pretty killer.  Also there is Nukelaw's QandA thread, "BC 1L taking questions."  That also has a bunch of good info.  If I grab the links I will insert them later,  but they are both in the Where Should I Go thread, so just use the search function on the homepage.
Theres also a BC '10 facebook group as well: http://ithaca.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2258129680
I've been friended by several people from it already, and I just joined yesterday.  I'm hoping it will be a good way to meet people and maybe find a roommate.
Are you going to go visit BC?  Boston is a great city ... its an awesome place to be a student, and is a very young city.  But I personally find cities distracting, so I'm really glad BC is just outside the city ... easy to get downtown on the weekends but not tempted to go out every night instead of studying.  And the campus is great.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 08:36:41 PM »
Well there was a BC vs BU thread last week ... it kind of turned into a fight in the middle few pages, but by the end there were several BC kids there sharing their experiences.  One poster who was involved in LSD last year and is a BC 1L now has an SA position at Skadden.  Pretty killer.  Also there is Nukelaw's QandA thread, "BC 1L taking questions."  That also has a bunch of good info.  If I grab the links I will insert them later,  but they are both in the Where Should I Go thread, so just use the search function on the homepage.
Theres also a BC '10 facebook group as well: http://ithaca.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2258129680
I've been friended by several people from it already, and I just joined yesterday.  I'm hoping it will be a good way to meet people and maybe find a roommate.
Are you going to go visit BC?  Boston is a great city ... its an awesome place to be a student, and is a very young city.  But I personally find cities distracting, so I'm really glad BC is just outside the city ... easy to get downtown on the weekends but not tempted to go out every night instead of studying.  And the campus is great.

Thanks so much bamf! I've been catching up on the threads all day, and I've gotta say - barring a waitlist miracle, I think I'm going to be at BC in the fall. :)

I am hoping to visit, but I'm in the midst of honors thesis hell and there's no way I can get to Boston before deposits are due. My cousin is actually an attorney in Boston, so I'm looking into visiting her sometime in May and getting the dirt on the Boston legal scene. :)

Now I just need to cross my fingers that there is some $$ left for me! Unfortunately, I don't have any money offers from comparable schools to bargain with. Here's hoping, though!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 03:31:27 PM »

Thanks so much bamf! I've been catching up on the threads all day, and I've gotta say - barring a waitlist miracle, I think I'm going to be at BC in the fall. :)

I am hoping to visit, but I'm in the midst of honors thesis hell and there's no way I can get to Boston before deposits are due. My cousin is actually an attorney in Boston, so I'm looking into visiting her sometime in May and getting the dirt on the Boston legal scene. :)

Now I just need to cross my fingers that there is some $$ left for me! Unfortunately, I don't have any money offers from comparable schools to bargain with. Here's hoping, though!

I may or may not have just friended you on the facebook...
2L, Boston College Law

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 04:01:27 PM »

I may or may not have just friended you on the facebook...

You did!  :D

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »
BC gave me 28K a year... but i don't think im gonna take it ... I got my eyes set on a southern school!  so I hope one of you guys gets the money!=)

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
Any idea the ratio of toilets to urinals in the mens rooms at BC?

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »
The US News and World Report gave BC a 2:3 ratio. It is why BU is currently ranked ahead of us.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
The US News and World Report gave BC a 2:3 ratio. It is why BU is currently ranked ahead of us.

what do you mean?
2L, Boston College Law

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 10:54:09 PM »

what do you mean?

Toilet to urinal ratio, I think?  :D

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
Of course.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U