Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 19240 times)

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
Re: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2007, 03:05:02 PM »
I'm gonna be at the housing fair and the coffee thing.  I'm not sure about the BBQ, I'll rsvp through facebook once I have a better idea.

I fly up Thursday and returning Sunday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the campus for the first time!

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
Check agora, we have our BC emails now!

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »

Yeah people have been joining the BC Law network on Facebook because you can do that once you have your email address.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

Yeah people have been joining the BC Law network on Facebook because you can do that once you have your email address.

P.S. you and I have the same 'tar! Maybe I should get a new one.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »
bump ... awesome weekend at BC ... I am SO amped for school to start
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
tell us about the weekend for those of us who couldnt make it out to the housing fair!

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
Well I stayed at the BC Guesthouse, which was nice ... for a dorm.  I haven't slept on one of those "Twin XL" beds in several years, especially without an egg crate, and I subsequently I had two very terrible nights of sleep ... but other than that it was a great weekend.
The coffee reception was pretty cool, the head of the alumni association gave a speech and the Dean of students gave us some info.  One of the best things she said was that we shouldn't worry if we haven't applied for our loans yet, and that when our FinAid info was verified (over the next few weeks) we would get more info on exactly hat we needed to do to get the money to BC.  The Alumni assoc gave us some pretty nice travel coffee mugs too.
So yeah, then I went over to the housing fair.  It was less crowded than I thought it would be, and finding roommates was surprisingly easy ... there were just tables set up where people were sitting around talking.  It didn't take long till three people walked up to me and we decided to get a 4 bedroom.  A bunch of people also hunted alone, hoping to find roommates in the next few weeks ... there are a few of these listings on the facebook group right now.
Speaking of the facebook group, I have to say there was a humorous amount of people admitting they knew details about various peoples' lives because of rampant facebook stalking.  ;D
Friday night we went to the apartment of one of our fellow incoming students (who is actually going to be one of my roommates in the fall) and had a nice BBQ.  A ton of people turned out, we drank some beers, and had spirited arguments about whether it was more proper to call it "beer pong" or "beirut"  ... and then headed to some bar downtown that was overpriced and touristy but still pretty fun.
Haven't heard back any reports on the beer marathon but I imagine it was quite the experience.
Anyways I met a ton of people this weekend and had a blast.  Everyone seemed really cool, it got me real excited for school.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2007, 08:38:23 PM »
sounds awesome! I'm really excited too! Thanks for the summary!

Vercingatorix

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »
The weekend was a blast.  Brighton and Newton are really cool.  I had been a little worried.  When I think suburban, I think pedestrian unfriendly housing areas with no sidewalks.  Commerce in such places is usually a best buy and a wall mart.  But I was very pleasantly surprised by the area.  It's gonna be a great place to live, certainly way better (and safer) than downtown Nashville (where I lived last semester).

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »
So BC offers a discounted semester T pass, but I don't know which one I would need. What's the diff between a Linkpass and a Zone 1A pass? Would i need to use the inner or outer express busses?? Totally lost when it comes to public transit.