Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE 2010 - Legal Eaglets!!!  (Read 18599 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: The Bad A$$ Mother F-ing Boston College Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 08:14:33 PM »
I'll be there too.

Bamf - it's good to know there might be another Bills fan around

YEAH!!!

One of my largest concerns is having to constantly fight patriots fans.  At least I'm a Mets, not Yanks, fan...
As a Bills fan who has lived in the Boston area for 6 years now, the worst part is the black out policy for games...they only show one AFC East game so it's always the Pats.  Of course with so many cable channel options now and with the Harp (the bar in Boston that the Bills Backers Club of Boston overtakes on Sundays), you can always find the game somewhere.  Mets fans are not on par with Yanks fans, but they're not loved either - luckily I am a Red Sox fan

Well I've got a Varitek from a former life in Boston so I can hide behind that in the summer and fall.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 09:22:06 PM »
I warn you, I am a rabid pats fan. Although I only hate Yankees fans. Any other fan of any other team in any sport I don't mind. I don't mind Bills, Giants, and Mets fans at all.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 09:27:49 PM »
I don't really understand the deep-seated anomisty between the yanks and the mets

that's what i get for growing up in an immigrant family - i didn't find out what baseball was until i was 12. I was shocked.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
I don't really hate the Yankees.  I didn't like it when they were winning world series every year but when I look back on that I think it was an overreaction ... it wasn't the huge amounts of money they spent necessarily, but rather the home-grown players who made that team.  They spend tons of money now and the rabid NY fans eat the so-called stars alive.
But the Mets and Sox spend about the same amounts of money these days so I can't say much.
2L, Boston College Law

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

muffin83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »
mets fans hate yankees fans because they are the biggest jerks of all fans.  now im not claiming that sox fans have always been polite and civil to those from other teams that enter fenway, but this is a true story:

i have been a huge sox fan my whole life.  i moved to new york after college.  after living here a few monthes, you figure out how to handle yourself at sports bars.  always hide your cap when ordering a beer (you will get ignored and it will take forever to serve you) and don't be too loud or obnoxious.  i watched a yanks sox game in a sports bar in brooklyn with my roomate.  there was literally no one in the bar (very small local brooklyn place).  anyway there were these two middle aged mets fans watching the game next to us at the bar.  they were really nice, talking about how we had to go to a game at shea, we talked about pedro etc.  on the other side of me there was this yankee fan and his girlfriend.  i was not loud or rude trhoughout the game.  the yanks won that game, so afterwards, i turned to the yankee fan and his girlfriend next to me and said congradulations.  this dude turns around, sticks both middle fingers in my face and starts screaming f*ck you.  (i'm a chick by the way).  then the old mets fans jump up and start screaming back at him being like "this is why no one likes you, because as fans you guys are the biggest *ssholes in sports".  they are getting in his face and my roomate and i high tail it outta that bar.

anywho, my best friend is a yankees fan and they can be good people.  however, i have spent a good deal of time in boston, gone to many sox yanks games at both fenway and yankee stadium, and have NEVER seen a sox fans treat girl yankees fans in such a threatening manner.

that was a long post trying to explain why the mets fans (and everyone else) hates the yankees :)

CowboyLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
I go to school in Hartford and the entire city is split in half between Yankees fans and BoSox fans. The atmosphere in sports bars is about two steps away from a full brawl any time the two teams play one another.
Spaghetti Westerns (Pending): Cornell, Duke,
The Man with No Name (Attending):
The Good(Accepted): BC $$, George Washington $,Notre Dame $,BU, Washington and Lee $$, William and Mary $$, American
The Bad(Rejected):Georgetown,UPenn,Harvard 
The Ugly(Waitlisted):Vandy, UTexas, Washington U

muffin83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
yeah and i appreciate and love that atmosphere, but this was like at 3 in the afternoon on a sunday when the maets fans, my roomate and i, adn this dude and his gf were the ONLY ones in this tiny bar.  uncalled for. not that i think you are trying to disprove my fans that yankees fans can be jerks :)

allisonb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »
no comment on the sports discussion... but i can say i am pumped to be going to BC next fall!! anyone know what the social life is like? i ended up visiting the day senator kerry was visiting so classes weren't even in session. there were still tons of students on campus hanging out though so it seems like there's a good sense of camraderie.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »
boy that BC v. BU thread is raging, huh?  We all know who the best school is, though...

anyways, kendra good to have you on board the BC LSD contingent.  By all reports the social life at BC is great and very active.  All the BC students on here seem to be having a great time.  When I visited and sat in on a class all the students seemed to be very friendly, they were all joking around and being generally boisterous before class (though it was the day before vacation, which may have made everyone a little antsy)
2L, Boston College Law

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »
looks like BC is ahead of Emory for me. But I think BU will trump both schools if I get in. I like the IP courses that it offers.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.