Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 4494 times)

h2xblive

Re: Hello? Villanova? Where are you?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
This is ridiculous.  Its coming up close to 5 months and I expect a response one way or another.

Wow

Their deposit deadline was 11 days ago, too.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »
Yeah and when I talked to a lady in the admissions office they said they are a little behind because they were closed all of last week for Easter.  That's a long holiday at this point in the admissions season.

kmksports27

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
i called today and they told me i would def have a decision by Monday and they are trying to finish all the files by Friday.

he said if you call they will tell you the decision over the phone.
 i really expect either a WL or Rejection at this Pt.  b/c it's so late in the cycle--  But i paid my 60$ so i wont withdraw

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »
well you called....did they tell you ?
Princeton Law 2010

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »
A week-long Easter break? Sheesh.

Way to take their sweet ass time.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »
There aren't too many applications up on LSN so it's hard to tell where they actually are in the process...BUT more half of the accepted people have withdrawn (including me), as well as a couple pending people.  I'd imagine that most people who apply there have other options and are getting pretty fed up - hence this thread - and have probably sent seat deposits elsewhere.  So I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up sending a bunch more acceptances, or pulling a lot of people off the waitlist.

I applied there because it's a very solid school with a good rep in Philly and is less than 10 minutes from where I live, but the attitude there annoys me.  I think it's a holdover from years ago, when Villanova was easily the second-best law school in Philly.  But they haven't done a whole lot to keep that status while Temple and Rutgers-Camden have been working pretty hard to catch and surpass them.  I can honestly say that the lawyers I know here (some of them Villanova alums) agree that the name doesn't really carry extra weight nowadays.  Plus, Villanova is expensive and seems to be pretty stingy with scholarship money.

flirtingwithdisaster

• packin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »
But i paid my 60$ so i wont withdraw

I paid $75 as I recall, and for that money I could have applied to penn and been rejected 2 months ago.

So at this point I really don't care if it takes to the day I graduate from some other law school, they're giving me an answer come hell or high water!

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
I called earlier this week and got the line about them aiming to get to my file by the end of the month. I thought they were nice on the phone though.

I applied with a 156/3.3; Villanova was a big-time reach school for me in the first place.  How hard can it be to send out a rejection?? :D

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:28 PM »
I honestly don't remember having this kind of problem with Nova.

I just had a couple unreturned emails
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 04:43:05 AM »
I called them and they are extremely rude and seem like they do not want to be bothered by anything at all. I have given up on them and I will promptly withdraw once my decision is reached, but I need to receive a decision first. I can not withdraw a no decision.
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!