Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 4481 times)

whoknows4958495803

• View Profile
deleted
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:17:04 PM »
deleted

kmksports27

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Hello? Villanova? Where are you?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
i have no idea!  but i was thinking the same thing.  i dont know what is taking so long....  if you look at LSN it seems they are behind the other schools.  I called last week and they told me i should 'hear soon'.  They also said they send decisions to your home address, not your school one. 

whoknows4958495803

• View Profile
deleted
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »
deleted

mgoblue85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
They are unusually late in their decisionmaking, according to their stats last year on LSN.  I called them up and they told me a decision was made on my application, and they promised last Friday.  Still no response, although I might have misinterpreted what they said (ie they will be sent out last Friday, which means sometime this week there should be a decision).

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:57:08 PM »
i hate villanova.  i asked very nicely what my status was after going complete in nov and i got a very flippant response and experienced a general smuggness with them .  If i do get in, i will put down all deposits and then on the day of orientation, I will send the admissions office my temple shirt. 

I kid....maybe.
Princeton Law 2010

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »
i hate villanova.  i asked very nicely what my status was after going complete in nov and i got a very flippant response and experienced a general smuggness with them .  If i do get in, i will put down all deposits and then on the day of orientation, I will send the admissions office my temple shirt. 

I kid....maybe.

I've heard from many people that their admissions office is very rude. I'm way scared to call and check up on my status there.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

John5705

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
I am still waiting as well, and I know a good amount of people who also haven't heard yet.  I called on 3/26 and the woman said that I should hear in two to two and a half weeks.  I also visited recently and I think the same woman told me that I would definitely hear by the end of the month.  I was talking to someone who is there now and said that she got her waitlist decision at the end of April/beginning of May.  So I am expecting something around the beginning of May.

Anyway, I think there are a couple reasons why they are pretty late this year.  First of all, they are snobs, so they are going to take their sweet-ass time no matter what :)  Second of all, I think they are having some major staffing issues in their admissions office.  I know that one of their main admissions counselors left in January, which is obviously really bad timing.  I also know that their dean of admissions who was there last year did not return this year, and their current assistant dean of admissions is pretty new (came in January).  And when I visited recently I only saw 3 people in their admissions office, 1 of whom I think was a secretary (don't know how big admissions offices usually are, but that seems small to me).

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:50 PM »
I heard back a while ago...but anytime I emailed I either 1) received no response or 2) got a very short, curt answer.

After the 2nd no response, I withdrew.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

whoknows4958495803

• View Profile
deleted
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »
deleted

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 09:00:08 AM »
This is ridiculous.  Its coming up close to 5 months and I expect a response one way or another.
Princeton Law 2010