Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: US News Not Leaked, Released  (Read 181883 times)

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #450 on: March 31, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
Holy crap, Miami's acceptance rate is 49.7%!!! I wonder if that's a typo...

I was wondering about that too.  It says they took in about 2300 of 4600.  That seems insane.

wow...that must be the highest of any T2 school.  i would think the numbers would be similar this year too.  could mean a further drop in the rankings next year.   i mean, if we assume that maybe 10% of future law students are registered at LSN--230 have said they were accepted at Miami so that would mean 2300 were accepted.  i would think the percentage of law students registered at LSN is a bit higher though.  maybe 15-17%.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »

I was wondering about that too.  It says they took in about 2300 of 4600.  That seems insane.

wow...that must be the highest of any T2 school.  i would think the numbers would be similar this year too.  could mean a further drop in the rankings next year.   i mean, if we assume that maybe 10% of future law students are registered at LSN--230 have said they were accepted at Miami so that would mean 2300 were accepted.  i would think the percentage of law students registered at LSN is a bit higher though.  maybe 15-17%.

But which 15-17%? I think LSN has a marked selection bias towards the top schools, and especially toward the tippy top. LSN probably captures a higher proportion of the T14-bound than it does everyone else.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

h2xblive

« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2007, 04:25:34 PM »

But which 15-17%? I think LSN has a marked selection bias towards the top schools, and especially toward the tippy top. LSN probably captures a higher proportion of the T14-bound than it does everyone else.

Most definitely