Law School Discussion

US News Not Leaked, Released

Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2007, 04:20:36 PM »
If you still can't get the new rankings...

1) Close down all your Internet Explorer windows
2) Go to your cookies folder (usually at C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Cookies)--it may be HIDDEN so you might need to type it into the address bar,
3) Delete the cookies @usnews.com and @www.usnews.com (just these 2). 
4) Go back to the US News website and login BEFORE you access the rankings.
5) Enjoy.

PS: I logged out and when I came back, the old rankings returned.  I went and deleted my cookies again and they came back.  Figures...

« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
Get help...........IMMEDIATELY.

Also for the record, why the hell do people care if their school is in Tier 3 or 4?  Unless it's borderline Tier2/Tier3 and you think it might make a jump up or down, it DOES NOT MATTER.  Just pick the school you feel most comfortable at and where you think you can excel while receiving a decent education.

I enrolled at MSU when they were a border T2/T3 school (2 yr ago) and last year they dropped to T4 (allegedly because of mistakes in reporting) ... curious if there were really "mistakes".

« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

Also for the record, why the hell do people care if their school is in Tier 3 or 4?  Unless it's borderline Tier2/Tier3 and you think it might make a jump up or down, it DOES NOT MATTER.  Just pick the school you feel mots comfortable at and where you think you can excel while receiving a decent education.

TITCR

Agreed.
Though, one can argue that the rankings are meaningless beyond the Top 25/Top 50 as well.

Subtle Fordham troll.  

« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »

Also for the record, why the hell do people care if their school is in Tier 3 or 4?  Unless it's borderline Tier2/Tier3 and you think it might make a jump up or down, it DOES NOT MATTER.  Just pick the school you feel mots comfortable at and where you think you can excel while receiving a decent education.

TITCR

Agreed.
Though, one can argue that the rankings are meaningless beyond the Top 25/Top 50 as well.

Subtle Fordham troll. 

Hardly. Fordham got lucky.

« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »
So, University of Hawaii dropped out of the second tier. :(

Don't worry, U of Hawaii is slightly less TTT because it's the only law school in the state, and it's frickin Hawaii.

« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2007, 04:42:19 PM »

Well, as the only ABA law school in the Pacific Ocean and for thousands of miles, I suspect Hawaii Law grads will continue doing just fine. Particularly with the new Volcano Law Clinic.

h2xblive

« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »

Well, as the only ABA law school in the Pacific Ocean and for thousands of miles, I suspect Hawaii Law grads will continue doing just fine. Particularly with the new Volcano Law Clinic.

What?

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2007, 04:48:39 PM »

What?

... and their SURFLAW clinic is unrivaled.

butter tart

• Mmmmmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

Also for the record, why the hell do people care if their school is in Tier 3 or 4?  Unless it's borderline Tier2/Tier3 and you think it might make a jump up or down, it DOES NOT MATTER.  Just pick the school you feel most comfortable at and where you think you can excel while receiving a decent education.

I enrolled at MSU when they were a border T2/T3 school (2 yr ago) and last year they dropped to T4 (allegedly because of mistakes in reporting) ... curious if there were really "mistakes".

MSU is back to T3. 
N/A 2.2 3.0 3.05-3.67 155-160 40.2% 20.0 N/A  86.4% 77.6%/MI 74%

UDM is T4.
N/A 1.5 1.8 3.00-3.50 147-153 46.2% 17.8 N/A  89.9% 69.2%/MI 74%

Toledo is #85
40 2.0 2.4 3.02-3.82 155-160 21.5% 14.1 84.8%  96.4% 78.1%/OH 80%

and I can't seem to find Wayne.  Seriously, I've looked like 5 times and Wayne is nowhere to be found.  I'll check again tomorrow.

HeckBoy

• give 'em heck, boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2007, 05:44:56 PM »
anyone got a handy guide to what other pages in this thread have rankings on them?