Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »
dilemmae

::raises eyebrow::

No one else bit?  If we're speaking Latin here, I believe you'd have dilemmata on your hands.

Well damn, I was hoping it was an actual plural form. Oh well.

I was equally devestated to learn that penii is not the plural of penis (it's penes if you want to be fun).

my god, johnny, how did you get into UVA and NYU without being able to pluralize latin properly.

i am sorely disappointed son

You forget that I majored in linguistics. When it comes to language, I do what I want. None of this prescriptivist bull for me.

well, excccuuuuuuuuusssseeeee me....i'm a HISTORY major, so i can say with authority that people who cannot conjugate latin correctly, more than not, meet a dismal end. hello, ceasar? the only thing he could conjugate was "es tu, brutus?" lame.

i have no idea what that word means, haha

Prescriptivist = setting out rules on how people should talk.

I prefer descriptivism: basically if the shoe fits (or at least is communicable), then who cares.

h2xblive

« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
dilemmae

No one else bit?  If we're speaking Latin here, I believe you'd have dilemmata on your hands.

I was equally devestated to learn that penii is not the plural of penis (it's penes if you want to be fun).

my god, johnny, how did you get into UVA and NYU without being able to pluralize latin properly.

You forget that I majored in linguistics. When it comes to language, I do what I want. None of this prescriptivist bull for me.

well, excccuuuuuuuuusssseeeee me....i'm a HISTORY major, so i can say with authority that people who cannot conjugate latin correctly, more than not, meet a dismal end. hello, ceasar? the only thing he could conjugate was "es tu, brutus?" lame.

I prefer descriptivism: basically if the shoe fits (or at least is communicable), then who cares.

You sound like Blue.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »
dilemmae

Conjugation of Latin is more important than spelling even. ;)

Caeser did cease, to be fair.

But did he caese? I think not.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
dilemmae

You sound like Blue.

SHHHH!!!! No telling!!!

Also, now that the new rankings have wreaked havoc on your confidence in your law school decision, come to this thread and I'll make your decision for you!

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85286.0.html

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
Coxless is to Iowa as Spaulding is to Stanford.

What the hell is this doing here?

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
I can also access the new rankings... but tag anyway :)

cwalk

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »
Was Pepperdine's jump from 87 to 66 the largest?  Well done Waves.

skip

« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »
sorry if this has been mentioned, but did wisconsin drop out of tier one?

« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
24 pages of posts in 2 hours. over something that is really a bunch of dogshit.  

You obviously haven't spent enought time here if you think this merits notice.

he'll probably take that as a compliment. I would

« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2007, 02:25:42 PM »
sorry if this has been mentioned, but did wisconsin drop out of tier one?

No, it was just omitted from one of the posts. Wisco is tied with W&M and Ohio State at #31.