Law School Discussion

US News Not Leaked, Released

h2xblive

Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »
Wow, I also just realized the huge jump for UIUC...it used to be 34 or something, right?

How sad it'd be if we're all obsessing over these "new rankings" and it turns out they were just a screw-up  :P

I've got nothing else to do.

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »
Wow, I don't know if I've ever seen a thread this active before...

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:19 PM »
Wow, I also just realized the huge jump for UIUC...it used to be 34 or something, right?

How sad it'd be if we're all obsessing over these "new rankings" and it turns out they were just a screw-up  :P

I've got nothing else to do.

Yeah, it's not like I'm working or anything.

WCL02

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that the a school's ranking at the time of admission is meaningless in comparison to its ranking in the spring of 2nd year when you interview for summer associateships?  Rankings are probably more relevant upon graduation than they are at admission.  

h2xblive

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that the a school's ranking at the time of admission is meaningless in comparison to its ranking in the spring of 2nd year when you interview for summer associateships? Rankings are probably more relevant upon graduation than they are at admission.  

Maybe, maybe not.

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that the a school's ranking at the time of admission is meaningless in comparison to its ranking in the spring of 2nd year when you interview for summer associateships?  Rankings are probably more relevant upon graduation than they are at admission. 

Anyone have the 2010 rankings handy?

damn! beat me to it! i was going to say the same thing.

Zam

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
Has it occurred to anyone that the a school's ranking at the time of admission is meaningless in comparison to its ranking in the spring of 2nd year when you interview for summer associateships?  Rankings are probably more relevant upon graduation than they are at admission. 

aww, shoot, i left them at home.

but actually this is part of why i think rankings need to be considered within the context of their trends and not the particular year you happen to be applying.

« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »
these rankings are important for 1L jobs...

h2xblive

« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:16 PM »

aww, shoot, i left them at home.

but actually this is part of why i think rankings need to be considered within the context of their trends and not the particular year you happen to be applying.

Well said.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »
dilemmae

::raises eyebrow::

No one else bit?  If we're speaking Latin here, I believe you'd have dilemmata on your hands.

Well damn, I was hoping it was an actual plural form. Oh well.

I was equally devestated to learn that penii is not the plural of penis (it's penes if you want to be fun).

Apologies for the pedantry.  I have so very few skills that I pounce when I have the opportunity to use them.  Also, it was a valiant effort.  Dilemma is 3rd declension neuter, but if it were 1st declension (feminine), you would have it right.