Law School Discussion

US News Not Leaked, Released

h2xblive

Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »
The most misleading stat US News uses is the overall ranking. If they just published the scores (100 for Yale, 63 for BU, etc.) people would freak out much less. When someone realizes the difference between 30 and 50 was 3 points (hypothetically speaking), all of a sudden it's not so bad.

Says the guy who has gotten into UVA and NYU...

:P

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2007, 01:09:45 PM »
The most misleading stat US News uses is the overall ranking. If they just published the scores (100 for Yale, 63 for BU, etc.) people would freak out much less. When someone realizes the difference between 30 and 50 was 3 points (hypothetically speaking), all of a sudden it's not so bad.

well... to counter that, the scores are normalized on each other. The bottom school gets 0 and the top gets 100. Is Harvard really only 90% of the school that Yale is? Highly doubtful.

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »
Though this issue (OP's credibility) seems to have been resolved, I don't think iscoredawaitlist would make this up.

Also, I hope that these really are the '08 rankings and not just a screw up.  

Zam

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »

and said, though he claims to have been kidding, that UVA is now out.

:-*

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
G-Dub taking a small drop while Emory improves and matches them... this is the kind of stuff that will give me an ulcer...

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
I would still go to UVA over NYU. 

iscoredawaitlist

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:45 PM »
Though this issue (OP's credibility) seems to have been resolved, I don't think iscoredawaitlist would make this up.

Also, I hope that these really are the '08 rankings and not just a screw up.  

Thanks. I promise I haven't just fabricated these. I see it as possible that US News made a mistake or that this is a red herring to get more publicity for the real thing, so this list comes with a disclaimer: take it as it's posted there. Whether it's real or not, I can't say. I suspect it is, but all I can do is tell what I found on their page.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »

and said, though he claims to have been kidding, that UVA is now out.

:-*

This was my first attempt at bolding a smiley, so nothing may have happened.

Z, my girlfriend's going to be pissed!

Harvard 90 percent the school Yale is... hmm. I'm not so sure that's so obviously wrong.

iscoredawaitlist

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »
I would still go to UVA over NYU. 

me too. if only i had that chance.

iscoredawaitlist

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »
G-Dub taking a small drop while Emory improves and matches them... this is the kind of stuff that will give me an ulcer...

haha yes, i'm sure. Especially when Emory will be cheaper and full time the whole time.