Law School Discussion

US News Not Leaked, Released

Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
I'm just sitting here shaking my head in horror.

I'll say basically what I just said in my own thread:

You invest in a JD for the long term. Over the course of your career your school will fall and rise at least three spots multiple times. (Obvious exceptions: HYS).

If you are going to look at rankings look at long term trends; they at least indicate whether a school is generally on the rise or on the decline. If a drop of three spots or a rise of one spot matters this much to you you have some really serious ego problems.

::)

What about a 20 spot drop?

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »
But Z!!  OMFG TX DROPPED 2 SPOTS!!!11!1one!  Now anyone who goes there is going to be stuck in some TTT job!

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »
I'm just sitting here shaking my head in horror.

I'll say basically what I just said in my own thread:

You invest in a JD for the long term. Over the course of your career your school will fall and rise at least three spots multiple times. (Obvious exceptions: HYS).

If you are going to look at rankings look at long term trends; they at least indicate whether a school is generally on the rise or on the decline. If a drop of three spots or a rise of one spot matters this much to you you have some really serious ego problems.

Z, you forget that Mommy and Daddy aren't familiar with Northwestern, Cornell, etc. However, Mommy and Daddy are familiar with the numbers 12, 13, etc. I just want them to love me.

Just kidding?

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »
iscoreda, look what you've started, haha. following this thread is like watching a pack of lions ambush an injured zebra...ok bad analogy

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »
USNews is hating on ND. That's not nice.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2007, 12:50:07 PM »
But Z!! OMFG TX DROPPED 2 SPOTS!!!11!1one! Now anyone who goes there is going to be stuck in some TTT job!

true dat

/i'll take their spot

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
But Z!!  OMFG TX DROPPED 2 SPOTS!!!11!1one!  Now anyone who goes there is going to be stuck in some TTT job!

if this is a dig at my post i don't know that its neccesary.  if i'm going to invest 160K in a degree, i want to pick a stock thats rising or staying the same, not falling.  and thats not to say that UT is not a good school because it fell two places this year.  but looking at the data over time i'm not as sure in my "investment" there as i would be at other schools.  especially if one is out of state and is counting on the national reputation.

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »

if this is a dig at my post i don't know that its neccesary.  if i'm going to invest 160K in a degree, i want to pick a stock thats rising or staying the same, not falling.  and thats not to say that UT is not a good school because it fell two places this year.  but looking at the data over time i'm not as sure in my "investment" there as i would be at other schools.  especially if one is out of state and is counting on the national reputation.

Oh no, hon, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to insult your post (to be honest, I didn't even see it).

TX was just my reach school (who rejected me) so I figure I get to poke a little fun at it.  No worries.  ;)

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »

I think the point is that the job market for UT won't magically shrivel, even if it fell into the 20s. Employers know UT. That's all that matters.

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »
cool.  sorry for the hypersensitivity then :)