Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: US News Not Leaked, Released  (Read 180512 times)

laxlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: US News Not Leaked, Released
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2007, 03:10:38 PM »
For the Michiganders:

Michigan State jumps back to Tier 3
AND

Wayne State drops hard to Tier 4.

Also, since it used to be a part of Michigan, Toledo made a nice jump from 93 to 85.

Kitty782

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »
Umm--what if this is all fake or just isn't the complete data (like a test site without all of the new info entered in), and I just wasted my afternoon analyzing it?
Fordham 2010

vzuffante

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
Horray for the UCONN jump. I chose there over American.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
now people will tell me going to Penn is a must because it's 4 whole spots higher than Virginia....how did that happen?

i'm seriously shocked by the virginia drop. doesn't matter to me that much....kinda.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
nyu > cls?

:'(

no, not really (imho).

i'm sorry, but it's true. NYU is a perfectly respectable place, but CLS is, well, CLS no matter what.

don't worry; you will be very happy at NYU anyway.

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:52 PM »
I'm still showing the new rankings...trust me it's real.

Anyone know why Fordham made a huge jump?  I'm glad they did, but just wondering what changed from last year to make them go up?
Waiting.....

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2007, 03:14:01 PM »
I really hope that everyone on this board realized that within the "clusters" shifts are going to happen and don't really mean that much. If any of you read the article mentioned earlier in this thread from the Loyola professor on these rankings, you would remember how much the ranking for a school can fluctuate based on numbers changing for an entirely different school. Outside of the top 15 or so schools, you should be looking at schools in a region you want to practice. I suppose all of this talk is in good fun, but saying "OMG! OMG! UVA fell two spots to #10..." is going overboard. Next year, they might be tied for #7 with Michigan and Boalt could be 10. Doesn't change a single thing about how the school is regarded in the community or the quality of the school for that matter.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »
nyu > cls?

no, not really (imho).

i'm sorry, but it's true. NYU is a perfectly respectable place, but CLS is, well, CLS no matter what.

don't worry; you will be very happy at NYU anyway.

Oh, I know, and I'm pretty sure I agree, though I'm not sure on what basis I would make that claim.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »
I have absolutely no reason to feel this way, but I can't believe that GW dropped below BU.  It just doesn't seem right to me. 

I'm thinking they might have been expecting the drop, and that's why they've made such efforts to up their #'s for next year.

That's been my prediction all along!  I'm sure they were expecting it.  Not that this influences my decision to attend.

After an initial moment of slight disappointment (though the fact that it was a T20 never impressed people who are impressed by these types of things anyway), it hasn't really influenced me either.

GW:  2006OVERENROLLEDPWN3D!!

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »
I really hope that everyone on this board realized that within the "clusters" shifts are going to happen and don't really mean that much. If any of you read the article mentioned earlier in this thread from the Loyola professor on these rankings, you would remember how much the ranking for a school can fluctuate based on numbers changing for an entirely different school. Outside of the top 15 or so schools, you should be looking at schools in a region you want to practice. I suppose all of this talk is in good fun, but saying "OMG! OMG! UVA fell two spots to #10..." is going overboard. Next year, they might be tied for #7 with Michigan and Boalt could be 10. Doesn't change a single thing about how the school is regarded in the community or the quality of the school for that matter.

of course you are right, but boo, let us have fun being shocked