Law School Discussion

"Sent to the committee for review"

"Sent to the committee for review"
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:57:40 AM »
I called one of my schools last Tuesday to check the status of my application, and they said that my application had been sent to the committee for review. 

Have any of you gotten this line before when you've called a law school, and if so, how long did it take before you heard a decision?  Or maybe a law school has told you your application has been sent to the committee for review and you still haven't heard back--how long has it been?

To me it sounds like a final-stages-of-a-decision kind of thing, but maybe not. Also, my numbers are above the median for this school, and their deadline is April 1.

Any other insight would be appreciated as well. :) Thanks!

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: "Sent to the committee for review"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »
BU said that to me. It took them about three more months.

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »
The University of Utah told me that 2 months ago but I also know of one other school that took about a week.  It really varies from school to school.  You might also think about how big the school is (i.e. how many apps they get) because they usually send groups of applications for review.  Also, depending on how strong of a candidate you are the faster you'll here. I applied to the same school as a friend, at the same time, and we went complete on the same date: he had higher numbers and heard back 2 weeks before me.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »
Thanks for the helpful info guys. :)