Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn PT Offer  (Read 224 times)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
Brooklyn PT Offer
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:00:20 PM »
Has anyone who applied to Brooklyn FT been offered a seat in PT (and a spot on the wait list for FT)?

If so, what happens after you accept the PT seat?  Do they insist you withdraw from all other schools or is it like any other acceptance where you have a deadline to send in the seat deposit and can withdraw at any point?
USD 2010

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn PT Offer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
I did.

I think the deal is if you accept it, they want you to withdra from all the other schools.  Sucks huh.

Now, my question is, what if you don't.  What if you commit to them and then someone else comes knocking and you go there instead?  Is it possible?  Acceptable? 

Also, did you find anything about money.  Do they even give people like us money?

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn PT Offer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »
I didn't get money, at least not yet.  Just an email with the offer.  If I did, I'd be a lot more interested.

I don't know what happens if you withdraw.  Right now Brooklyn is NOT my 1st choice, even of the schools I got into.  However, it's my 1st NYC choice, so if I decide to stay here, I'd happily go PT to start if Cardozo dings me.

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow and see what the deal is.
USD 2010