Law School Discussion

Have you recieved any notice from your 1st choice school yet?

HeckBoy

• give 'em heck, boy
    • View Profile
So it's almost April 1st and that means a couple of my school's seat deposits are due soon. But to make things interesting, I have still yet to hear anything from my first choice school: SMU. I'm aware that they're pretty late about sending out decisions, and being a borderline student doesn't help, but I still want to get in badly. That being said, anyone else in the same boat, just waiting for your first choice b4 finally deciding?

Re: Have you recieved any notice from your 1st choice school yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
So it's almost April 1st and that means a couple of my school's seat deposits are due soon. But to make things interesting, I have still yet to hear anything from my first choice school: SMU. I'm aware that they're pretty late about sending out decisions, and being a borderline student doesn't help, but I still want to get in badly. That being said, anyone else in the same boat, just waiting for your first choice b4 finally deciding?

I have four schools pending, any of which I would go to over my current #1.  That's not even counting the waitlists...

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:40:28 AM »

Hey, if you'd like I'll just give you my SMU acceptance.  That is, if you go over to UCLA or Davis and bribe them to take me.

No really, I know a lot about SMU, so please let me know if I can help you out with anything.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »
No.  And my first choice is the only one that hasn't given me a decision yet :'(

Waitlisted at FOUR t14s???

Man, I'd be stressed out of my mind.  They're crazy not to take you.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »
Deposit due in the middle of April, but still waiting for my 1st choice. Though it seems there are others in the same boat when it comes to WUSTL.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »

I have four schools pending, any of which I would go to over my current #1.  That's not even counting the waitlists...

Ditto, only make that 6 schools 3 of which I would go to.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »
I'm in at Penn and very happy (geography/family reasons for staying in the area). But I'd think about Harvard real hard if Toby miraculously came calling.

(Complete October, deferred in January.  Prepared for an outright ding or maybe a soft reject in the form of a "no chance in hell" waitlist.)

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

Yes, I got into Stanford and am extremely happy.

And I withdrew from SMU on Monday, so hopefully that opened up a spot for you!  Good luck!

HeckBoy

• give 'em heck, boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »

Hey, if you'd like I'll just give you my SMU acceptance.  That is, if you go over to UCLA or Davis and bribe them to take me.

No really, I know a lot about SMU, so please let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Well I've heard SMU takes awhile to send out decisions (the email they sent me saying I was complete said they'd notify me by April 30 *yeesh*), but I'm still stressing. I have a full ride at TX Tech to consider at the moment and deadline's coming soon. No slight to Tech, but I would really like to stay in the DFW area. That being said, I was considering sending them a Letter of Intent basically saying what I've been up to (I have a slightly updated resume w/ some non-law-related stuff like lab research work and an in-the-processes-of publication) and that I'd seriously drop all my schools if I got into SMU (although I haven't thought of a way to convey that tactfully enough). Do you think that would help? I have a 158/3.6 so I'm pretty borderline and want to sway them as much as possible. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

And good luck with UCLA & Davis! Maybe a talk with Mr. Washington or Mr Lincoln would help  ;)

Yes, I got into Stanford and am extremely happy.

And I withdrew from SMU on Monday, so hopefully that opened up a spot for you!  Good luck!
Thanks for the withdrawal! :D and congrats on Stanford!

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »

I'm deferred at my first choice. I should hear again next week apparently.