ITT I tell you where you're going to law school

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Re: ITT I tell you where to go to law school
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
watso: Well damn, you've made this very difficult for me. The system calls it a tie between Jones and Mercer, but you didn't come here for a tie, so I will say Jones... however, I would make damn sure that your job prospects would be solid enough that this will not cause you any financial burden.

That is where I am barely leaning I think... My uncle went to Jones and has a small firm in my hometown and has offered me a job. So, if all else fails, I have a place to go back to and can probably make partner in about 3 years if I do well. Thanks for the help.

Knowing that you have a safety net in place makes me feel much better about my advice, and reinforces my conviction in it. Good luck.

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »
Tag for later! I haven't visited all my contendas yet, nor have I heard back re: finaid from anyone. Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »
Tag for later! I haven't visited all my contendas yet, nor have I heard back re: finaid from anyone. Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh.

Don't worry, I'll probably bump on a mostly daily basis since I'm an attention whore.

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
Should I be concerned that it looks more and more like BU is on the rise and BC is stagnant in the rankings? I realize 20 and 28 isn't a big difference, but since pretty much every other factor between the two schools is similar, shouldn't I take this into account? I was under the belief that BC is a slightly better law school in terms of job prospects & education. Sorry I was too lazy to score everything.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »
Should I be concerned that it looks more and more like BU is on the rise and BC is stagnant in the rankings? I realize 20 and 28 isn't a big difference, but since pretty much every other factor between the two schools is similar, shouldn't I take this into account? I was under the belief that BC is a slightly better law school in terms of job prospects & education. Sorry I was too lazy to score everything.

I wouldn't put much stock into it. Either school places excellently well in the Northeast, and BC might carry a little more weight nationwide.

« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »

I'm with you.  People here came back from ASD at BU with an attitude of BU is on the way up, which seems to support this.  The thing that also leans me towards BU is the IP program.  Even though I am not 100% sure it is what I want to do, I feel like I have enough interest in it that it can tip this very close scale.

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2007, 12:07:16 AM »
This system is awesome...will it also work for naming my first born?  ;)

1. The school with the best location (factor in local activities, proximity to SO's, etc.)
2. The school that will overall cost you the least (cost of living included)
3. The highest ranked school (according to whichever source matters to you; personal rankings count)
4. The school that you think will give you the best job prospects (go with overall flexibility as opposed to what you think you might want to do, since that could easily change; factor in location as well)
5. The school that best seems to fit your personality

Finally, write down (or type, I guess) the first school from your list that comes to mind.

1. Location - UVA - 2
2. Cost - UVA - 1
3. Rank - HLS - 3
4. Jobs - HLS - 5
5. Fit - UVA - 4
harvard?

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2007, 01:59:23 AM »
Lived in CA all my life, probably will practice here, but want to experience NYC/East Coast _sometime_ in my life..

NYU- 2
NYU/CLS for different experience,  but Boalt for weather..

2. Boalt  4
3. CLS (reputation, but NYU is up there now)5
4. CLS 3
5. CLS 1

CLS

zephyr

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2007, 05:33:20 AM »
1. BU - 2
2. BU$$$ - 1
3. GULC - 4
4. GULC - 3
5. BU/GULC - 5

Georgetown?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2007, 06:44:15 AM »
addicted: very enviable position! Congratulations, you're going to Harvard! And yes, when you have a list of names narrowed down, run them by me (I'll invent criteria just for you).

azrael: The system says Columbia, but make sure that you've visited CLS to get a feel for the atmosphere (I've never visited, but I've heard on multiple fronts that it's a very challenging atmosphere).

zephyr: as enticing as the money from BU is, you should go to Georgetown.

The foolproof system strikes again!