Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT I tell you where you're going to law school  (Read 24527 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: ITT I tell you where to go to law school
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2007, 01:55:01 PM »
You should definitely go to Chicago.

That's what I was thinking too, but I've also had serious doubts about my gut feelings. Not sure what to do. WHat exactly is your methodology anyway? :)

I think telling would be telling, but if you read the thread, it becomes abundantly clear.

Hell, even reading the thread title is telling: it's I tell you where to go; I don't decide for you. Although it would probably be better if it was ITT I tell you where you're going to law school. Maybe I should do that...

You were wrong about me.  MWAHAHAHA!  :D

Wrong. You were wrong about you. Besides, I told you it was invalid until you had visited all of them anyway.

It wasn't the visit, it was the MONEY!

<--law school whore, looking for the highest bidder  ;D

Holy crap how did I miss the NYU $????? Congrats!!!

What'd you decide to do?

I haven't!  I have an extension until Monday, so I'll let you know then.

Come to NYU and explore the finest cuisine NYC has to offer with Chica

Even if I don't come to NYU, I'll definitely visit.  Mmm, NYC food...

I'm holding you to that.  Bring your bf and we'll all go to a NY Red Bull game together or something.   :)

Deal!  Fortunately he likes good food too!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Dental Directory

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 20, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »

That's what I was thinking too, but I've also had serious doubts about my gut feelings. Not sure what to do. WHat exactly is your methodology anyway? :)

I think telling would be telling, but if you read the thread, it becomes abundantly clear.

Hell, even reading the thread title is telling: it's I tell you where to go; I don't decide for you. Although it would probably be better if it was ITT I tell you where you're going to law school. Maybe I should do that...

Yeah I know I know. I read the thread title too. Was just hoping you couuld provide more insight as to why you told me what you did. You see, I'm confused.

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 20, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »

Yeah I know I know. I read the thread title too. Was just hoping you couuld provide more insight as to why you told me what you did. You see, I'm confused.

He knows what your heart desires.

Johnny's mystical.

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: ITT I tell you where you're going to law school
« Reply #363 on: May 04, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »
Updated once all school visits are over and I've narrowed the list to two: UT vs. Northwestern

1. location - UT - 4
2. cost - UT by a nose (tuition similar, cost of living only slightly lower for UT because salaries are higher in Chicago for hubby's field) - 5
3. rank - Northwestern - 1
4. job - Northwestern - 2
5. personality fit - Northwestern - 3
6. Northwestern.

Looks like i've decided, huh?
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: May 04, 2007, 10:19:37 AM »
First of all, I thought this thing was dead. Second of all, yes, it looks like you have. Third of all, the system says Northwestern. Fourth of all, sell all of your short-sleeved clothing.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 04, 2007, 10:20:55 AM »
What happened with Vanderbilt, sladkaya?
Michigan Law Class of 2010

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 04, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
First of all, I thought this thing was dead. Second of all, yes, it looks like you have. Third of all, the system says Northwestern. Fourth of all, sell all of your short-sleeved clothing.

judging by how quickly you replied, it was only mostly dead.

And I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt in Chicago right now, so I'll pack enough to last 2-3 months.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 04, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »
What happened with Vanderbilt, sladkaya?

Hi flyaway! Various law professors and attorneys at work talked me out of it. Partially because Vandy's just starting to grow the program I'm interested in, partially because I'd have to move twice in 3 years if I go to Vanderbilt, and will have the option not to if I go to NU or UT, partially because everyone I spoke seemed to think it would not compete favorably with UT and NU for either Chicago or Texas jobs. I'm still a little sad, but it made sense to withdraw.