Law School Discussion

Dear Penn

Re: Dear Penn
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
Dear Penn,

I'm getting desperate... I'll even buy basketball tickets and root for the Quakers.... COME ON PENN!

don't lie now! no self respecting wildcats fan would cheer on the Quakers!!!

Who said anything about self-respect?  :P

good point!

im awaiting my rejection as well.. im quite bored with only georgetown, penn and villanova still out there

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »
I just called...my file is in committee now....submitted on the deadline and complete in early march.  hope that helps someone.

Bouzie, if you get into Penn (you have a great shot with your new LSAT score), would you consider it over Michigan?

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
we can convince him!

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
I want to call, but I'm scared.  I went complete in early Feb.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 11:40:26 AM »
me...penn with probably no $$ (pending a talk with the fin aid people) vs. a scholarship at UVA

how much is the $$ at Mich?

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:03 AM »
Cornell right now, though I would take Penn over it in a heartbeat, and I'm still waiting on 6 decisions (+ sitting on WLs at Mich, UVA, and GULC)

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 11:45:48 AM »
me...penn with probably no $$ (pending a talk with the fin aid people) vs. a scholarship at UVA

Congrats on Penn and on your UVA money---which way are you currently leaning?  If I were in your position Id def take Penn, only because I dont think they'd appreciate me very much in the South though ;)

wowzies! that's something to consider!!! that's much better than my 36K scholarship at UVA, but i was impressed becuase i'm right at the median and i wasn't expecting much.

its so hard for me becuase that's my big fear - they wont' accept me at UVA, but they were really nice and courteous towards me at the ASW, so i'm gonna go to the ASD tommorow at Penn and...if i fall in love with it, i'll wrangle as much $$ out of them as I can and just eat the debt load

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
Cornell right now, though I would take Penn over it in a heartbeat, and I'm still waiting on 6 decisions (+ sitting on WLs at Mich, UVA, and GULC)

OUCH!.... Im on 1 WL myself (preferred WL at GULC whatever that is)  I was also deferred at Minn and WLed at Mason of all places.  Cornell seems like an awesome place in case your others dont work out, def wouldnt be ashamed to have their name on my diploma :)

Good luck with your WL's.  Hopefully this business about schools accepting a lot more form their WLs this year holds to be true.

Yea, here's hoping.  Better than the waitlists though, here's hoping Penn lets me in  :P

I love Cornell as a school, but the location kind of puts me off, and (as much as I know I probably shouldn't be considering this seriously) I'm imagining I'll have a hell of a hard time finding me a nice hot guy in Ithaca NY

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
I just called...my file is in committee now....submitted on the deadline and complete in early march.  hope that helps someone.

Bouzie, if you get into Penn (you have a great shot with your new LSAT score), would you consider it over Michigan?

I dunno-  I'd def go visit and see how I felt--I live in boston so its not too far.  I gotta say though that I really love michigan a lot but if I get into Penn I'm going to have to take a hard look at both schools plus Michigan gave me some money so who knows...--itd be a great situation to be in.  Im just glad that I have a finite timeframe right now.  yay

where else are you guys considering?

Yay Bouzie! GL!

As a Mich ASW#1er and a Penn ASWer myself, I am leaning towards Penn. Both Mich and Penn gave me about the same amount of $. Mich ASW was the best I have been to, but I just felt more at home at Penn and I have been in collegetown for four years and just feel like Philly has more to offer. Besides the gay community at Penn is awesome, ask Towelie. However, I'm still considering a couple of other schools too (mainly NYU and Boalt).

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »

Congrats on Penn and on your UVA money---which way are you currently leaning?  If I were in your position Id def take Penn, only because I dont think they'd appreciate me very much in the South though ;)

Michigan offered me 54K which Im thrilled with considering how late my application ended up going re-complete bc of my retake.

wowzies! that's something to consider!!! that's much better than my 36K scholarship at UVA, but i was impressed becuase i'm right at the median and i wasn't expecting much.

its so hard for me becuase that's my big fear - they wont' accept me at UVA, but they were really nice and courteous towards me at the ASW, so i'm gonna go to the ASD tommorow at Penn and...if i fall in love with it, i'll wrangle as much $$ out of them as I can and just eat the debt load

Why dont you think they'll accept you at UVA?  Im a ridiculously liberal gay buddhist, thats my reason ;).   36K is AWESOME as well though I dont think itd be enough for me to pick UVA over Penn IF I liked Penn more---how did you feel about UVA from the ASW?  oh and let me know how you like Penn!!!

i really thought the school was beautiful, just that...i felt like the student body was so different than me.

hint. i'm a deaf chick whose parents immigrated to a rustbelt town in upstate NY, oh and i'm pretty socially liberal (for gay marriage and all that jazz)....then again, i doubt i'll be able to find many people like me anywhere....

and one more issue with uva...i don't have a car, won't get one in the next 3-4 years. (i'm big on public transportation)...