Law School Discussion

Dear Penn

Dear Penn
« on: March 26, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »
It has been 5 long months since I first let you know I was interested.  In December you told me you needed a little more time.  It's been almost four more months.  I wait for your call every day.  I check my mail only to have my heart fall each time.  It's almost April 1.  Please let me know.  I need to move on with my life.  I hope that can be a life together with you but if not, I need time to mend what will be a very broken heart.

So please, send out decisions to deferred people soon so I can get back to my life.

Always and forever yours,
Viv.

** In all seriousness, has anyone heard anything from them today? 

Re: Dear Penn
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »
i called and they said the committee is reviewing my file as we speak and that i should hear the decision by the end of this week or next

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »
i'm scared to call.  i've called them a couple times already.  ill just have to hope that i'll hear soon.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »
i called and they said the committee is reviewing my file as we speak and that i should hear the decision by the end of this week or next

I might give them a call myself. 

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »
hollowman, i think you'll be fine.  you had the good sense to take the LSAT again.  i listened to those in my office who said, no a 168 is a fine score you should be able to get into some great schools.

now finding out, uh not so much. 

yoni

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 03:12:38 PM »
I engage in a daily battle with myself over whether or not to call. I truly appreciate your courage in calling them. I'm going out of my mind, obsessively checking LSN and LSD for any information. I also occasionally stare at my phone hoping that I can will it to ring.

As an add-on to the "Dear Penn" theme:

Dear Penn:

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who I am from my application and information on LSD and LSN. If for some reason, you may have misplaced my phone number, please feel free to e-mail, snail mail, PM me an acceptance, or even post it in a message on my LSN page. I'm not particular.

Oh, and these other guys in this thread are great. I think we'd all make great additions to Penn Law.

Hope to hear from you soon,

yoni

yoni

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »
It's a mere coincidence, I assure you. Yet, it is one that may have been avoided if Jewish nicknames were first run through the lexicon of sexually suggestive words in other languages. Alas, my parents were not into yoga.

Of course, I do love and appreciate the Big Lebowski reference. Maude would be proud.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 03:32:27 PM »
I just emailed them.  Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
I'm waiting too... expected a rejection a while back.

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »
Dear Penn:

Although you have already admitted me, I think Hollowman is great.  Let him in.  In fact, if you do, I'll even wrestle a bear...  to the death.  Come on.  It will be a lot of fun for everyone, except maybe PETA...  or me.  We'll see.  Anyway, let him in.  Even though he went to scUM. ;)

Kind Regards.