Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any thoughts on DePaul?  (Read 2567 times)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any thoughts on DePaul?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 09:20:13 PM »
hey tuff! :)

i think chicago-kent is supposed to be better for IP than depaul. but that's just what i've heard. hope that helps in your decision making! :) good luck to you!

aj :)

Berggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 12:46:32 PM »
Whats the story with John Marshall in Chicago? So far it has been my only acceptance (I'm still waiting to hear from 9 more schools) and not being from Chicago, I don't know that much about it.

Pburgh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 05:52:05 PM »
Whats the story with John Marshall in Chicago? So far it has been my only acceptance (I'm still waiting to hear from 9 more schools) and not being from Chicago, I don't know that much about it.

JMLS is a fourth tier law school and one of many law schools in Chicago. It has a nationally recognized IP program...I'm not sure about its other programs.  It's fairly well regarded in Chicago, but there are a bunch of other schools in Chicago that are more prestigious.  Depending on your situation, JMLS might be a good fit.  That's about all I know...good luck with the rest of the schools.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 07:37:37 PM »
i'm thinking of applying to depaul next year, but for the part time program. if i plan on living while going to school? lol this is my kinda route.

but from what i've seen and heard and experienced myself regarding depaul? i think it would be a good choice for me. i would actually felt like i learned something and not just a lot of jargon and was put on a majorly scholarly track. know what i mean? i'm saying that i feel i'd come out w/a good mixture of practical and theoretical knowledge after graduating. so that's why i'm gonna go for them next year.

so i hope that helps you some! :)

aj