Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami Scholarship deadline  (Read 507 times)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
University of Miami Scholarship deadline
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »
I have to tell the Univ of Miami by April 2 if I am accepting their scholarship offer (which is weird considering the seat deposit isn't due until the 16th).  I assume accepting the scholarship isn't binding and I could withdraw at a later dater with no problem, correct?
USD 2010

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami Scholarship deadline
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »
In the e-mail they sent it said that if you accepted the scholarship you had to send the seat deposit in simultaneously.  I assume if you are willing to forfeit your seat deposit then you would be able to withdraw.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »
In the e-mail they sent it said that if you accepted the scholarship you had to send the seat deposit in simultaneously.  I assume if you are willing to forfeit your seat deposit then you would be able to withdraw.

I have no problem sending the deposit.  I planned on it regardless, since UM is still a very possible option for me.  However, there's a good chance I won't be attending also, so I don't want to lock myself in if the scholarship acceptance is binding.
USD 2010

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »
I never got the acceptance form (lost in the mail, they are resending even though I won't be attending), but from my understanding unless the form lays out the terms of acceptance (and says so), it is not binding.  Same situation as FSU's scholarship (acceptance form but no terms), which I sent in and still do not know if I will be attending.