Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke V. NYU  (Read 2026 times)

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
Re: Duke V. NYU
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »

I see...well, it would be cool to be in the same city.  :)

I hope your appeal (and mine too!) works.

I hope so!

And John, I know nothing about housing at NYU, so I'll have to get back to you on that  :D

Fair enough. I also know nothing about it; all I know is one of them is high-rise, one of them is low-rise.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

I hope so!

And John, I know nothing about housing at NYU, so I'll have to get back to you on that  :D

Fair enough. I also know nothing about it; all I know is one of them is high-rise, one of them is low-rise.

I don't really care about that distinction.  I want to know which is nicer, cheaper, more space, etc.

I like how we've completely hijacked this thread.  :P
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 03:55:32 PM »

I hope so!

D'Agastino is new and very close to the law school, but the rooms are box-tiny.  Mercer is about a 7 minute walk, but is a bit more spacious.  FTR, I'll be at NYU for the April 13 ASW as well.  I live really close to NYU (between Mercer and D'Agastino), so if I'm in the mood, I may even throw a party :)

/highjack
HLS '10

1LCorvo

• 25,000,754 Ways to Break A Person's Neck S.Segal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »
This decision clearly comes down to whether or not you're a fan of Duke basketball:

Fan -> NYU.
Hate -> Duke.

Reason being: with McRoberts gone + the general disarray of the team, Duke will be absolutely miserable. This will either be painful to watch or the greatest 3 years of your life.

I disagree. Duke recruited some of the best prospects in the nation. They recruited Kyle Singler (5th ranked player in the nation), Taylor King, and Nolan Smith (who led the point for Oak Hill, best basketball program in the nation). Plus, they still have Scheyer, Paulaus, Nelson, Henderson, and, of course, Coach K. They are actually due for a big turn around, considering last year's disappointment.

Also, McRoberts is a bum. He'll be drafted late 2nd round or not at all.

UNC lost Brendan Wright and UVA lost two of their best guards. So, the ACC shouldn't be as tough this year

NYU has a basketball team? I thought the Dean's Cup and the Knicks were the only source for bball entertainment. (same for Columbia)
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select: Greg Oden!

(the Trailblazers have been blessed from God)