Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Superprep is outdated?!  (Read 1938 times)

limpid

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - polarixn@yahoo.com.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
Superprep is outdated?!
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:37:30 AM »
Hello, everyone

Since I have long used up all the recent pretests except June04 for the final estimation, after quite a while studying the technique of lsat, I started test myself on the Superprep. But shockingly, I feel the ways or the things behind Superprep is quite different from those recent tests, say, after 2001, esp in games section. About 2 games are different types of games from what we are using in recent tests. So I could only raw score 15 for game, which is horrible!  Have you tried on the Superprep too and feel the same?! I really need the confidence at this moment! What is wrong with me? Or something is wrong with test? Is Superprep outdated?  Reading Comprehension on Superprep is the norm, and LR is also a bit weird.

Brian7

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Superprep is outdated?!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »
Hello, everyone

Since I have long used up all the recent pretests except June04 for the final estimation, after quite a while studying the technique of lsat, I started test myself on the Superprep. But shockingly, I feel the ways or the things behind Superprep is quite different from those recent tests, say, after 2001, esp in games section. About 2 games are different types of games from what we are using in recent tests. So I could only raw score 15 for game, which is horrible!  Have you tried on the Superprep too and feel the same?! I really need the confidence at this moment! What is wrong with me? Or something is wrong with test? Is Superprep outdated?  Reading Comprehension on Superprep is the norm, and LR is also a bit weird.

It's from February 1996, February 12th, 2000 and February 14th 2000 LSATs.
There is a rumor that LSAT tests administrated in Fub is somewhat experimental. That could be why the tests in Feb aren't generally disclosed.
166-

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 03:53:50 AM »
I'm not sure, but is Superprep making their own questions, separate from LSAC?  If so, I personally would advise against using it.  Mimicry may be the biggest form of flattery, but these companies are far from perfect.  I would only use real questions from administered LSATs.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 03:55:05 AM »
Hello, everyone

There is a rumor that LSAT tests administrated in Fub is somewhat experimental. That could be why the tests in Feb aren't generally disclosed.

Ah, and would also be a reason not to use it.  If it's a game type that is different from any of the recent games, then it failed the experiment.  That would be of no use.

limpid

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 04:05:22 AM »
[
There is a rumor that LSAT tests administrated in Fub is somewhat experimental. That could be why the tests in Feb aren't generally disclosed. (quote)

If it is somewhat experimental, then is it unfair to take Feb test since the inconsistency with other administered lsat test? Does that really have so big difference with other administerd lsat? Thanks a lot!

limpid

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 04:08:01 AM »
Hello, everyone

Ah, and would also be a reason not to use it.  If it's a game type that is different from any of the recent games, then it failed the experiment.  That would be of no use.

Thanks very much! Your advice is quite insightful!

limpid

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 04:09:42 AM »
I'm not sure, but is Superprep making their own questions, separate from LSAC?  If so, I personally would advise against using it.  Mimicry may be the biggest form of flattery, but these companies are far from perfect.  I would only use real questions from administered LSATs.

It is said that those tests are unpublished previous Feb lsat. I don't know if it is true. That is what i want to verify.

Once & Again

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 10:06:40 AM »
i purchased the superprep book last week, and yes they are the feb 96, feb 12,2000, and the feb 14,2000 tests.
the fourth game on the first superprep (feb 96) with the rugs is a killer.  I still dont know how to set it up properly.
Never get called out on strikes. Go down swinging!