Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #4210 on: July 24, 2007, 07:48:51 AM »
Also, what's with all the talk about "your rack"?  Is that really what it's called, or are the geeks who created the app just adolescent boys?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:16 AM »
Also, what's with all the talk about "your rack"?  Is that really what it's called, or are the geeks who created the app just adolescent boys?

It's really what it's called  :D

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 24, 2007, 07:56:25 AM »
Anyone know where we can learn the rules of Scrabble?  I don't know what the different color squares do (I know it's something to do with the points, but what...?) and I had no idea you could double up and make several words at once.  Apparently I'm board-game challenged.

<--- Senses a burgeoning addiction.

http://www.thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/rules.html

I didn't really know the rules either, but once flyaway started pwning me with her mad skills I started to figure out what the squares meant - light red = double word score, dark red = triple word score, light blue = double letter score, dark blue = triple letter score. But you only get the colored tile if you're the one who puts the tile there... so for example if I played the word "sex" and the "x" was on a triple letter (dark blue) tile, I would get the triple points for the letter "x." But then if flyaway, with her awesome scrabble skills, added "aholic" to the end of my word, she would just get the regular points for the "x" instead of triple points. But if her "C" fell on a light red tile, then the whole word score would be doubled. Or something. :P

Yep, that's all correct.  And it's really important to know what all the two letter words are and to really think about building on the words that are there when possible, rather than always just intersecting them.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4213 on: July 24, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »
Jolie, I had to pop in and say I'm in love with the latest group you joined on facebook :D

(and I giggle every time I see "your rack")

omg, it's so true.  I heart the Bluebook! 

Go ahead, point and throw things.  I'm a big giant flaming nerd.  :D

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4214 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »
Me too!

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: July 24, 2007, 08:59:53 AM »
Does the city of AA charge for waste removal, sewage or anything like that.  Also, any idea what monthly electricity would be like on a 1 bdr apt?

<--trying to make a budget

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
Does the city of AA charge for waste removal, sewage or anything like that.  Also, any idea what monthly electricity would be like on a 1 bdr apt?

No, they don't charge for trash.  I think sewer is in the water bill but isn't a big charge.  I wouldn't budget for it separately.

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 24, 2007, 09:50:37 AM »

No, they don't charge for trash.  I think sewer is in the water bill but isn't a big charge.  I wouldn't budget for it separately.

Thanks

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: July 24, 2007, 09:59:57 AM »
Jolie is creeping up on me.  I can't remember the last time I had a freaking vowel in my rack.  I even swapped three tiles in hopes of getting one and just got three other consonants instead.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4219 on: July 24, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »
Jolie is creeping up on me. 

That's her way. :D