Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 252543 times)

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #3130 on: May 24, 2007, 06:51:29 AM »
Hey kids - just popping in for a visit.  No internet access at my apt. yet, although I'm working on my (sweet but geriatric) landlady. 

Happy belated bday, GCoop!  Do us proud tonight. 

flyaway, congrats on the closing!  safe and happy travels.  Are you still in D.C.?  We should get together. 

So, I started my job on Monday, and it turns out that they actually think I'm qualified to, like, do stuff.  Lawyerlike stuff.  Weird.  And scary.  But fun, so far. 

Anyway, I should probably get back to working on said stuff. 

Kisses!

Nope, drove to MI yesterday!  Getting the keys to our place and having our stuff delivered today.

Congrats on the new lawyerly job!
Michigan Law Class of 2010

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 24, 2007, 06:56:57 AM »
GCoop, awesome new bag!

We're staying in town for Thanksgiving, but the husband has tons of family up here, so I bet we end up spending it with them.  Thanksgiving with you guys sounds more fun.

Michigan Law Class of 2010

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3132 on: May 24, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
Hey,

So have any of you guys had a "wtf in 3 months I will be attending the University of Michigan Law School, wtf am I doing??" crisis?

Just wondering

SA

Yes.
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,64018.0.html
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 24, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
flyaway, we're your family now, what about us on thanksgiving?

SA, i agree with bouzie, i can't wait...i'm one of the anomalies that really likes school (shut up jolie, i know i'll kick myself later for saying this  ;)), and i've been out too long already. 
Michigan 2010

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3134 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:51 PM »
What are you on about? -- I love school!  It's not a mistake that I keep going back.  I just kvetch a lot. 

But seriously, last year almost all of us experienced out moments of panic and doubt over the summer, esp. the (ahem) older set.  That's why I forwarded that link, so SA can at least be comforted by knowing that a bunch of us went through it.  But maybe you'll just be a less neurotic crew this year, in which case - mazel tov!
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: May 24, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »
What are you on about? -- I love school!  It's not a mistake that I keep going back.  I just kvetch a lot. 

But seriously, last year almost all of us experienced out moments of panic and doubt over the summer, esp. the (ahem) older set.  That's why I forwarded that link, so SA can at least be comforted by knowing that a bunch of us went through it.  But maybe you'll just be a less neurotic crew this year, in which case - mazel tov!

i'm pretty sure i won't...but i'm gonna bask in my naivity right now.  well, at least you've prepared us well (i'd rather be over than under prepared for what i'm getting myself into)
Michigan 2010

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: May 24, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
wow, I do feel a lot better after reading the link, Jolie!

It's not so much the money...

Call me crazy but sometimes I just want to go to law school at UND and live in Fargo forever...  :-\

The same thing happened before I left for Duke - For a while I entertained thoughts of going to NDSU instead.

time to spread those wings, no?
Michigan 2010

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: May 24, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »
In your endo.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
Hi Everyone! I'm posting from the AA Best Western! EE, I'll be here until Sunday. We had lunch at Cafe Felix today. It was only eh. Not recommended, at least not for brunch. I don't think we'll be able to make dinner at 7, since the bf had about an hour of sleep before driving 8 hours to meet me here. I only had 3, so we're both gonna take a nap. But I'll definitely meet up with y'all later tonight.

I saw about 5 places today and I think I'm gonna go with one that's less than a block from the Farmer's Mkt (which I unfortunately didn't get to see, because I had to rush off to the next appt at Hill Street). The landlord said he haid another guy coming to view the place at 5, so I'm about to call now to head him off! My only concern is that the Link stops running at around 5:30, to the Kerrytown area. I doubt that I can count on leaving school by 5:30 on the regular. My other options would be a longish walk, or take a bus to the Blake Transit Center for a much shorter walk. Do you think that'll be ok?

walking to the kerrytown area from the law quad is a breeze. I've done it a bunch of times this week already and then some since I actually live west of that area.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

divo72

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »
eeek I arrive tomorrow.

weekend nights anyone?