Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 257913 times)

wilax3man

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #2960 on: May 17, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
awww.

you're on your own man, save for orientation.

Haha, I realize I am on my own.  I was just trying to get a sense of what others were planning on doing.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of Twenty-Ten

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2961 on: May 17, 2007, 04:07:44 PM »
I think the LC is closed for the summer but some students not living there got meal plans - but few.  Most of us brought food or went out, more often bringing food to save money.  Once fall starts you'll have lunch events with food nearly everyday.  Summer may have some, Stacy might know.  The snackbar is pretty hoppin' during the fall/winter, but I imagine the nice summer weather lends itself more to picnics on the quad.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2962 on: May 17, 2007, 04:15:39 PM »
Where is everyone?

Here instead of working on my 25+ pg paper due at 5pm today :) (last paper of UG, woo)

YAY!  How many pages do you have so far?

26 - we had a 'dress rehearsal' rough draft three weeks ago and a presentation last week. Even though I think there are lots of actually substantive things that can be improved, my professor's comments were almost entirely stylistic gripes - senioritis has set in, so I'm pretty much just fixing what he said to fix and turning it in :)

Oh you don't have much to do.  I thought you were still writing it.  No sympathy  ;)

Ouch :)

But I'm all done now. Hardest part? Getting it stapled together. Ended up being 41 pages or so once I added in my charts and graphs. Went through three heavy duty staplers before I found one that actually worked. Then I accidentally stapled two separate assignments along with it.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

wilax3man

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
« Reply #2963 on: May 17, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
I think the LC is closed for the summer but some students not living there got meal plans - but few.  Most of us brought food or went out, more often bringing food to save money.  Once fall starts you'll have lunch events with food nearly everyday.  Summer may have some, Stacy might know.  The snackbar is pretty hoppin' during the fall/winter, but I imagine the nice summer weather lends itself more to picnics on the quad.

Yeah, thats what I figured...Bring lunch and go out every once in awhile.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of Twenty-Ten

soonertbone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2964 on: May 17, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »
The snack bar ladies told me that they're open this summer. You all will learn that this is fantastic news.

I've been trying to wean myself off of grilled cheese, though, so I'll probably pack a lunch most days.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: May 17, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
The snack bar ladies told me that they're open this summer. You all will learn that this is fantastic news.

I've been trying to wean myself off of grilled cheese, though, so I'll probably pack a lunch most days.

My (now 2L) friend tried to woo me to Michigan with the promise of delicious $1 grilled cheese.

I must admit it was a very hard sell.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

divo72

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: May 17, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

Yeah, thats what I figured...Bring lunch and go out every once in awhile.

I'm with you. no friday classes, right?!

divo72

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: May 17, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »

My (now 2L) friend tried to woo me to Michigan with the promise of delicious $1 grilled cheese.

I must admit it was a very hard sell.

sb, we share a non asw facebook friend!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: May 17, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »

i love how everyone is worried about food.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Vapid Unicorn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who, me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: May 17, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »

i love how everyone is worried about food.

What else would you be worried about at this point?
Just another 2L.