Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 261101 times)

Broohaha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #2880 on: May 14, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »
ok really aggravated... i want to move in a week earlier than planned because i realized giving myself just 3 days to prepare prior to the start of orientation/classes is kind of dumb. i called to find out if i can use the gym and other UM facilities and they said yeah (you can actually get your ID card even if you arrive weeks in advance since youve already paid your deposit) BUT there's a fee to use the gym. i called the gym and they said it was $10 per day. now, depending on when our UM Law student access to the gym gets activated (first day of orientation? first day of classes?), i might have to end up paying $100 to use the gym for 10 days which kind of stinks considering how much i'm paying to go to school there...

anybody know if there's any way around paying this fee for those of us arriving a few days prior to orientation?

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 14, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
ok really aggravated... i want to move in a week earlier than planned because i realized giving myself just 3 days to prepare prior to the start of orientation/classes is kind of dumb. i called to find out if i can use the gym and other UM facilities and they said yeah (you can actually get your ID card even if you arrive weeks in advance since youve already paid your deposit) BUT there's a fee to use the gym. i called the gym and they said it was $10 per day. now, depending on when our UM Law student access to the gym gets activated (first day of orientation? first day of classes?), i might have to end up paying $100 to use the gym for 10 days which kind of stinks considering how much i'm paying to go to school there...

anybody know if there's any way around paying this fee for those of us arriving a few days prior to orientation?

Do what I do and avoid gyms like the plague.  Problem solved!   ;D
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: May 14, 2007, 12:46:26 PM »

Do what I do and avoid gyms like the plague.  Problem solved!   ;D

titcr  :P
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Mickey Ward

• Sr. Citizen
  • A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: May 14, 2007, 01:42:11 PM »

I'm looking for advice and impressions. Does anybody know anything about Old West Side, near the new YMCA? What's the scoop on the neighborhood? Anything interesting in the area?

Jolie: Does this qualify as student ghetto?

GCoop: If you're around, I think I saw something about a map you'd made showing proximity to various points of interest? I'd love to have a look, if it's not too much trouble.

EDIT: It's a couple blocks NW of Leopold Bros. (Score!)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: May 14, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
Does AA have any independent papers like Creative Loafing or CityPaper?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: May 14, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »
Current seems to be the closest to a listings type mag.

www.ecurrent.com

Thanks

lsn

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2886 on: May 14, 2007, 04:00:41 PM »
Detroit has some weekly magazines - MetroTimes comes to mind but there are others.  You can find them around A2 as well. 

divo72

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: May 14, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
gengis, are you ready?! aaah.

sorry if it's been answered, but what's the deal w/ off-campus parking?

Vapid Unicorn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who, me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: May 14, 2007, 05:39:23 PM »
Get back to work Jolie =) 

No kidding!

PSA: Don't be a law student like me.  We've had 10 days to do this LR b.s. . . . more than enough time.  Sooo, why is Jolie sitting here on the eve of the last day, just now beginning the actual writing? 

(Don't answer that.)

If you actually got it finsihed, you are a better man than I.
Just another 2L.

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: May 14, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
um, ok, where is there a (soon to be) 2L that can be my role model (in school, jolie you'll always be mine in life)...i need a "super anal and always on top of things" 2L to aspire to be.
Michigan 2010