Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

flyaway

• View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #650 on: April 16, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »
It's not that I actually want to be in student goverment.  It's that I want LSD DOMINATION.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #651 on: April 16, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
hmmmm.  In at GULC off the WL today.   what a screwed up day

I'm probably going to turn down $90k at GULC for $54k at Michigan. You can't possibly justify going to GULC, especially if you want to teach. See http://www.leiterrankings.com/jobs/2006job_teaching.shtml for proof. :)

Go to Mich.

On a slightly related note, I was WLed at CLS. So... UMich? Probably.

I thought for sure you'd get into CLS.  Good for us, though ;)

Thanks. WLed at NYU also. So, that's pretty much it, I think. Still gonna mull over GULC tonight, though.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 16, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »
I say we dominate by all getting on law review ;)

That would be true DOMINATION.

« Reply #653 on: April 16, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
I've actually scheduled myself for 8am classes for the past 4 years.  It's not so bad  :P
Personally, I'd pick an 8 am class over a 3 pm or 4 pm class.  But I've adjusted my work schedule here from 7 to 3:30 to avoid traffic, so an 8:00 class sounds like sleeping in a little.

Im with you-  I go to work at 6:30 --- 8 o lclock is pretty damned close to my lunch time;)  (10:28)

Blegh.  Morning people.

How many of you do that with no coffee?

Coffee makes me ill in the morning.  I find a walk or short jog wakes me up just fine.

wow. doing it the healthy way, huh? I'm a venti coffee, redbull girl all the way.
hollowman (thanks!) found an awesome inexpensive gym that opens super early for those who like to work out in the morning. I'm def joining.

I think the U-M rec facilities open at 6.  Not early enough?

http://www.recsports.umich.edu/facilities/bldghours.html

actually it's for the spinning classes.  I'm obsessed and UMs classes don't start early enough.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #654 on: April 16, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »
I think all of us should join the student government together. :)   LSD DOMINATION.

I probably will, or at least the old person senate thing. Since you're six weeks older than me and my boss, it's required that you join.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 16, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »
I think it would be cool to have a law school swim team in the intramural league.  Except I've never learned racing starts, but I could learn.  And we could get in shape and have fun. :)

EE, I'm totally joining SQUALSA!  In fact, I already consider myself a member just by virtue of our awesome Jenga night.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #656 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »
I think it would be cool to have a law school swim team in the intramural league.  Except I've never learned racing starts, but I could learn.  And we could get in shape and have fun. :)

EE, I'm totally joining SQUALSA!  In fact, I already consider myself a member just by virtue of our awesome Jenga night.

Oh, you had Jenga with SQUALSA? I totally forgot to visit the table at the ASW. I spent too much time at the IP club table.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #657 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »
Ummm, why don't we start our own journal?

Since Yale Law Journal just had a call for papers on XO, this isn't too far-fetched.

« Reply #658 on: April 16, 2007, 08:06:45 PM »

wow. doing it the healthy way, huh? I'm a venti coffee, redbull girl all the way.
hollowman (thanks!) found an awesome inexpensive gym that opens super early for those who like to work out in the morning. I'm def joining.

Wait, when do(es) the UM gym(s) open?

sorry, i meant the off-campus gym offers early morning classes. UM is open by 6.

I wasn't part of the JENGA love :(

« Reply #659 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

Wait, when do(es) the UM gym(s) open?

sorry, i meant the off-campus gym offers early morning classes. UM is open by 6.

I wasn't part of the JENGA love :(

Well have to have a repeat before school starts in ernest.

ok. and more trips to target pls? i told my friends abt how i dragged you to target just so i could try on the proenza bustier -- yes i'm a total freakshow.