Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

flyaway

• View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #640 on: April 16, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
Personally, I'd pick an 8 am class over a 3 pm or 4 pm class.  But I've adjusted my work schedule here from 7 to 3:30 to avoid traffic, so an 8:00 class sounds like sleeping in a little.

« Reply #641 on: April 16, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »
I kind of like the contracts switch myself. Torts and civ pro together sounded like overkill. Contracts will mix it up a bit I think. Though the idea of having to come in on fridays just for ONE CLASS pretty much sucks.

I dunno, maybe stacy's talk about CivPro being a good foundation really won me, but I was looking forward to having it to start. Ah well.

well, waiting till the fall for it won't be so bad. And I'm kind of glad that it looks like we won't have to deal with criminal law until 2008.

I agree - I think I'm looking forward to that the least, except for property, maybe. Of course, I have no real way to judge all of this.

I've sort of already started checking out what electives I'll want in Winter '08.

http://cgi2.www.law.umich.edu/_ClassSchedule/ClassSchedule.asp?term=1670

Sh!t, maybe I am a gunner.

ha, i've already started looking at that too.

« Reply #642 on: April 16, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »

I agree - I think I'm looking forward to that the least, except for property, maybe. Of course, I have no real way to judge all of this.

I've sort of already started checking out what electives I'll want in Winter '08.

ha, i've already started looking at that too.

I think I win: I've started comparing electives offered with the grade distributions to see which class would most likely positively affect my GPA. For instance, Jewish Law had a 3.88 mean last year! :o

i'd rather take something i was actually interested in...

« Reply #643 on: April 16, 2007, 07:39:16 PM »

gengis, I'm also really upset abt the Fri class, contracts switch too!!
when are you moving??

I know right?  Why suddenly does this year have to get Friday class?  And did you look at the fall schedule?  If you're AB, you have a M-F 8 AM class again.  LAME.

May 15th or 16th . . . you?

May 25th. Are you stll driving your shiz there??

flyaway, of course! 

:::sigh:::

Yeah.  That won't be fun.

Are you not?

I'll prob hire a moving company.  I won't have a car until AA, so there's no way I'll be able to move  myself.

I'm an early bird, so it's not the 8am class time that bothers me, but having that one class on Fri morning is ridiculous. don't profs want summer fridays?? Ah well, i guess that means limited Thu night fun.

« Reply #644 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »
I kind of like the contracts switch myself. Torts and civ pro together sounded like overkill. Contracts will mix it up a bit I think. Though the idea of having to come in on fridays just for ONE CLASS pretty much sucks.

I dunno, maybe stacy's talk about CivPro being a good foundation really won me, but I was looking forward to having it to start. Ah well.

well, waiting till the fall for it won't be so bad. And I'm kind of glad that it looks like we won't have to deal with criminal law until 2008.

I agree - I think I'm looking forward to that the least, except for property, maybe.  Of course, I have no real way to judge all of this.

i'm def taking bloodfeuds.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »
Personally, I'd pick an 8 am class over a 3 pm or 4 pm class.  But I've adjusted my work schedule here from 7 to 3:30 to avoid traffic, so an 8:00 class sounds like sleeping in a little.

Im with you-  I go to work at 6:30 --- 8 o lclock is pretty damned close to my lunch time;)  (10:28)

Seriously!  Everyone makes fun of me because I'm STARVING by 11.  When we all go out to lunch at 11:30 or noon, I b*tch a lot.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 16, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »
I've actually scheduled myself for 8am classes for the past 4 years.  It's not so bad  :P

Im with you-  I go to work at 6:30 --- 8 o lclock is pretty damned close to my lunch time;)  (10:28)

Blegh.  Morning people.

How many of you do that with no coffee?

Me!!  Sugar is my drug of choice.

« Reply #647 on: April 16, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
i'd rather take something i was actually interested in...

There's the delightful bit - I'm totally into talmudic law. I was actually excited to see it as an elective choice.

in lsd of old this comment may have earned you "nerd of the day"

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 16, 2007, 07:46:08 PM »
I think all of us should join the student government together. :)   LSD DOMINATION.

« Reply #649 on: April 16, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
I've actually scheduled myself for 8am classes for the past 4 years.  It's not so bad  :P

Blegh.  Morning people.

How many of you do that with no coffee?

Coffee makes me ill in the morning.  I find a walk or short jog wakes me up just fine.

wow. doing it the healthy way, huh? I'm a venti coffee, redbull girl all the way.
hollowman (thanks!) found an awesome inexpensive gym that opens super early for those who like to work out in the morning. I'm def joining.