Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »
Congrats monse and deathcabfan for making decisions :) Very nice to see some people coming back into the Michigan fold after seeing others leave (I should have sent MP a pro-Mich text msg while she was in Chicago :().

As a side note, you know you spend too much time on LSD when the power goes out for six hours and you're shocked to see how much you have missed since then.

that's funny (and sad cuz it's true for me too)...where are you, i had another friend tell me the power was out today.

Just south of Baltimore here. Power came back on while I was enjoying a candlelit dinner :)

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »
Bouzie, you could start a class of 2010.5 category for deathcabfan.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
Oui.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
Moni, you're such a badass.

I say go to Michigan.  You'll save a fortune on COL and we'll be far more likely to share a culinary experience on occasion!

The thought has definitely crossed my mind.  The problem is I reallly like NYU's Law and Business program and LLM in tax.  Michigan isn't nearly as strong in those areas (though any info from current students is appreciated).  

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »

I say go to Michigan.  You'll save a fortune on COL and we'll be far more likely to share a culinary experience on occasion!

The thought has definitely crossed my mind.  The problem is I reallly like NYU's Law and Business program and LLM in tax.  Michigan isn't nearly as strong in those areas (though any info from current students is appreciated). 

What does the LL.M. have to do with the JD? You can easily go NYU for your LL.M.

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

The thought has definitely crossed my mind.  The problem is I reallly like NYU's Law and Business program and LLM in tax.  Michigan isn't nearly as strong in those areas (though any info from current students is appreciated). 

What does the LL.M. have to do with the JD? You can easily go NYU for your LL.M.

They have a JD/LLM where you get both in 7 semesters.  You can apply from other schools, and spend 3L and extra semester at NYU as a visiting student, but that would require switching schools for my final year.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #626 on: April 16, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

They have a JD/LLM where you get both in 7 semesters.  You can apply from other schools, and spend 3L and extra semester at NYU as a visiting student, but that would require switching schools for my final year.

Oh yeah! True dat. Do you want to teach or something?

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 16, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »

Definitely not!  But I think I might be interested in tax.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »

But you don't need an LLM to practice tax law, do you? I won't get an LLM in IP.

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »

But you don't need an LLM to practice tax law, do you? I won't get an LLM in IP.

You don't need it, but it definitely helps.  And NYU has one of the best.