Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 258148 times)

donut

• View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 02:10:15 AM »
(tag/FYI ratio=70/30)

BAFF.

any suggestions on finding a roommate NOT involving random people on CL?

BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family?

I think once people have settled on a school, it should be easy to find a roommate among the entering class on LSD or facebook or whatever UM2010 message board might be available on the official website.  So long as people are honest about the important questions (are you loud? are you clean? do you eat my leftovers when you come home drunk?, etc.), it shouldn't be THAT risky.   

:D ahaha that is too funny. what an excellent question.

i managed to find an apartment as a summer starter....at first i was too lazy and was going to do LC, but then i thought about it....and i DO value privacy very much...so im going with a 1 BDR 1/2 a mile from the law school! i have NOT seen it yet tho. ahha how exciting, but im not really nervous.
i looked around a LOT before i finally decided, so i didnt feel like i was just rushing into it.
it is pretty hard tho, not being near there and being able to look at places etc.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 04:24:19 AM »
tag. BTW, if I go, I'm now like 95/5 on apt/LC. I just can't handle sharing a bathroom with anyone, let alone 13 other dudes. Now, 13 girls... well, that just wouldn't work, because they'd spend all their time trying to get peeks at my awesome studliness, wouldn't they? Wouldn't they?
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
I'll tell you right now: Lloyd Carr is not going to win a championship.  When he retires after this season, be thankful you won't have to suffer through his awful game plans the rest of your tenure at UM.  end.

HUH?????

Coach.

Football.

(tag/FYI ratio=70/30)

I thought the football part was obvious, my bad.

It probably was. But I wanted to tag and Bouzie also seemed so exceedingly confused that it was worth the bandwidth. 

I actually got it but just didnt see why it was relevent to anything ;)

UM football not relevant to anything?!?!?!?!  i wouldn't say that out loud while you are on campus.  Its UM.  GO BLUE!!!

MysticMI

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »
(tag/FYI ratio=70/30)

BAFF.

any suggestions on finding a roommate NOT involving random people on CL?

BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family?

I think once people have settled on a school, it should be easy to find a roommate among the entering class on LSD or facebook or whatever UM2010 message board might be available on the official website.  So long as people are honest about the important questions (are you loud? are you clean? do you eat my leftovers when you come home drunk?, etc.), it shouldn't be THAT risky.   

:D ahaha that is too funny. what an excellent question.

i managed to find an apartment as a summer starter....at first i was too lazy and was going to do LC, but then i thought about it....and i DO value privacy very much...so im going with a 1 BDR 1/2 a mile from the law school! i have NOT seen it yet tho. ahha how exciting, but im not really nervous.
i looked around a LOT before i finally decided, so i didnt feel like i was just rushing into it.
it is pretty hard tho, not being near there and being able to look at places etc.

I'm coming from MSU to UMich and just signed my lease for a place.  If you want to PM me the area that you looked in (cross streets or whatever) I can let you know if I checked it out and give you the lowdown.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
Tag, but I need someone to convince me out of NYU before I put on the maize and blue.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 06:59:28 PM »
Tag, but I need someone to convince me out of NYU before I put on the maize and blue.

Because if rankings matter to you, their reputation rankings are equal; if money matters, the cheaper COA means the difference in cost is even more significant than the difference between their offers.  I was going to say this in the NYU scholarship thread, but I don't want to become known as the anti-NYU troll.  :)  If there were any job prospects for my SO in Ann Arbor, I'd almost definitely be going to Michigan.
UPenn '10

FunkyzeitmitBruno

• Sr. Citizen
  • please fire this man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »

Because you'll live in a shoebox apartment and not have enough money to really enjoy anything about the village/Manhattan. AnnArbor may not have tons of world-class entertainment, but you can at least afford a lot of what they have to offer.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »
I'm probably not making this decision based on cost - while NYU will still be more expensive even if I get an extra 10K for a PI job 2L summer, there are some possibilities for cheaper living if I go to NYU, namely that my parents may be moving within commuting distance of NYC. I don't particuarly like that option, however - so living situations won't be ideal at NYU, whether I pay $1500 a month to live on campus, less to live elsewhere and commute, or nothing to live with parents and commute.

Although I'd probably live off campus instead of the LC at Michigan, I would probably give the edge to Michigan in the housing category.

Basically at this point, I feel my heart is at Michigan and that my brain is (or should be) at NYU. I think NYU is a slightly better school, and better geared if I want to do public interest and just as good as Michigan if I don't. But I want to live in Ann Arbor and go to Michigan football games and walk across the law quad, and all that sort of stuff.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »
I'm probably not making this decision based on cost - while NYU will still be more expensive even if I get an extra 10K for a PI job 2L summer, there are some possibilities for cheaper living if I go to NYU, namely that my parents may be moving within commuting distance of NYC. I don't particuarly like that option, however - so living situations won't be ideal at NYU, whether I pay $1500 a month to live on campus, less to live elsewhere and commute, or nothing to live with parents and commute.

Although I'd probably live off campus instead of the LC at Michigan, I would probably give the edge to Michigan in the housing category.

Basically at this point, I feel my heart is at Michigan and that my brain is (or should be) at NYU. I think NYU is a slightly better school, and better geared if I want to do public interest and just as good as Michigan if I don't. But I want to live in Ann Arbor and go to Michigan football games and walk across the law quad, and all that sort of stuff.

go with your gut :)
Columbia 3L

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 08:16:52 PM »

You should go to Michigan.  If you'll be happier there, it'll make you much more likely to do well and thrive in school.  It's something to consider at least.
UPenn '10