Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 257797 times)

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
University of Michigan Class of 2010
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »
GO BLUE!
1L

"I feel really bad for you. I mean, you don't know anything."

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »
glad you liked the school Bouzie! Mich is a great place and we may be classmates!
Columbia 3L

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »
glad you liked the school Bouzie! Mich is a great place and we may be classmates!

MCB, I was going to ask on facebook, but might as well here - any headway concerning your own conflicting decision?

nope  :-\
Columbia 3L

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think I could be paid enough to live in a dorm style place like the lawyer's club.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »
I'm sending in my app tomorrow just in case, but if I go to Mich, off-campus seems like a better deal.

totally. ideally i'll find a nice roommate and share a 2br (seems to be the best value).

prolly, but i'd pay for privacy over value any day (and i'm cheap, so that is saying a lot).
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:09:18 PM »
I'm sending in my app tomorrow just in case, but if I go to Mich, off-campus seems like a better deal.

totally.  ideally i'll find a nice roommate and share a 2br (seems to be the best value).

i'd go with a 1br...i like privacy too much.  The only way I'd do a 2br is if it had 2baths.
Columbia 3L

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 11:12:03 PM »
prolly, but i'd pay for privacy over value any day (and i'm cheap, so that is saying a lot).

even a 1BR by yourself seems to be a better value than the Club. ;)

For sure.

As for the commute...there are plenty of apts within a 5-10 min walk of the law school it seems. Commute to me would be anything you'd have to get on a bus or in a car for. 5-10 min walk is nothing. Now, 3 miles or more, then sure, but even then the privacy is worth it.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »

For sure.

As for the commute...there are plenty of apts within a 5-10 min walk of the law school it seems. Commute to me would be anything you'd have to get on a bus or in a car for. 5-10 min walk is nothing. Now, 3 miles or more, then sure, but even then the privacy is worth it.

poater....are going to fly out to aa to look for a place or just search online???

i wish i could afford to go check things out ahead of time...but no, just online. since i am a summer starter though it won't be so bad. at least that is what i keep telling myself

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »

For sure.

poater....are going to fly out to aa to look for a place or just search online???

i wish i could afford to go check things out ahead of time...but no, just online. since i am a summer starter though it won't be so bad. at least that is what i keep telling myself

Yeah, you'll totally find a cheap sublet at the least. btw I met a bunch of pretty cool summer starters- I think you could have a good section.

yeah, the trouble is most of those cheap sublets end a week or more before finals! locking in an affordable apt for the year from the start is my goal. glad to hear good things about the summer starters, from the looks of it half of them will be lsders.

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »
I'll tell you right now: Lloyd Carr is not going to win a championship.  When he retires after this season, be thankful you won't have to suffer through his awful game plans the rest of your tenure at UM.  end.