Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 252695 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »
OK so MCB is for sure going to CLS?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

99% sure

uva just gave me $$ too....they liked me more than mich
Columbia 3L

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 09:45:36 PM »
OK so MCB is for sure going to CLS?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

99% sure

uva just gave me $$ too....they liked me more than mich

:'(

"they" of course meaning "the school and financial aid office/scholarship committee" and not "the students"

of course  ;)
Columbia 3L

formerapplicant

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2007, 10:03:15 PM »
Michigan's low-ball grant offer has left formerly-enthusiastic me less able to fight off some of the arguments from more generous schools in bigger places.  I know I was talking about trying for a Mich-match at ASW2, but I don't know that I'll even make it that far... NYC schools put on a good show, and (in one case at least) better money.  An argument that's starting to get more sway with me is that I've lived the college town life: if you haven't and have any desire to, you should probably consider this an argument for UMich.  Also, if you've bought $100 of blue and maize gear, I'd keep that in consideration.  Looking at money and options and what I've experienced vs. what I'd like to, though, Michigan's back down to maybe 25% for me right down.

I'd still be really happy to go there and you all rock, though.

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:48 PM »
How'd I become 'twtq'? :)

Anyways, I'm petitioning to be in the leaning towards Michigan category. I'm becoming more and more certain it would be a good idea to go to law school more than forty-five minutes away from home.

I like how you have our competing schools in brackets Bouzie, to make it easier for others to tailor their pro-Michigan arguments towards us? :)

University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2007, 12:51:07 AM »
Michigan's low-ball grant offer has left formerly-enthusiastic me less able to fight off some of the arguments from more generous schools in bigger places.  I know I was talking about trying for a Mich-match at ASW2, but I don't know that I'll even make it that far... NYC schools put on a good show, and (in one case at least) better money.  An argument that's starting to get more sway with me is that I've lived the college town life: if you haven't and have any desire to, you should probably consider this an argument for UMich.  Also, if you've bought $100 of blue and maize gear, I'd keep that in consideration.  Looking at money and options and what I've experienced vs. what I'd like to, though, Michigan's back down to maybe 25% for me right down.

I'd still be really happy to go there and you all rock, though.

Well, you'll be successful no matter where you go. I'm hoping that I have at least the option of joining you in NYC. :)
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2007, 10:10:27 AM »
ahem, you forgot me!

OOOPS, to make it up to you I'll cheer for LHS at the thanksgiving day game this year.

:D thanks but i didn't even go there lol.

Oh no, dont tell me CCHS

Nope.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »
damn i'm in the toss up list...i feel like such a traitor
Michigan 2010

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2007, 11:37:44 AM »
damn i'm in the toss up list...i feel like such a traitor

You said it, not me

:'( :'( :'(
Michigan 2010

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2007, 09:44:07 PM »
Michigan's losing a popularity contest to NYU. If you feel this is unacceptable, use your right to vote.

http://www.abovethelaw.com/2007/04/atl_march_madness_the_final_fo_1.php

Power to the people lol
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
Smails gets remembered, but I don't?

I'm touched.

It's official, I'm waivering now.

if you don't go i'll be the only one their representing our hometown...don't let that happen!