Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 262978 times)

Judge Haller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #4690 on: September 02, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
Your football team sure looked good yesterday...LOL!!!
WVU Class of 2011

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: September 02, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »
I've talked to various people who have convinced me I made the right choice about not doing summer start.   In particular, our Assistant Dean for Student Affairs was a summer starter, and he called it the hardest thing he ever did (even compared to being a parent), going three semesters straight through without a break.

There are pros, too, obviously.  From talking to current summer starters, it sounds like a great way to ease into the law school experience with less stress.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: September 02, 2007, 08:39:11 PM »
Hi Michigan people. Sorry to jump onto your board here, but I need some Michigan advice, and you guys are pretty prolific posters so I thought this might be worth a shot. I'm doing apps this weekend and having a terrible time deciding between applying for summer start and fall. I'd originally planned to do summer, since I'll be coming back from overseas then and I could basically jump right into it, instead of having to do a crap summer job. But then I've seen two things on here that made me a little nervous about this. One is the rumor that schools use ED and summer start (I wouldn't apply ED, just for the summer) to lock in people, so those applicants are less likely to receive money. The other issue is these stories I see from people getting in to T14 schools in june/july. Do you give up your chances at HYS by committing to a summer start program? I'm hoping someone on here has faced this before and can help me out.

PS Is it snowing there yet?

In my experience, money and a summer start aren't mutually exclusive (the same probably can't be said about ED, but that's true of every school) - though all Michigan's ED applicants are summer starters, not all summer starters applied ED.  As for giving up a chance at HYS . . . not necessarily, I think, though you would have to withdraw, and probably owe Michigan some bank in the process.

And no, it's not snowing even a little bit. :D
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: September 19, 2007, 10:51:13 PM »
Sheeeeesh.....I guess I'll have to bring to life a "Michigan class of 2011 thread"

ALTHOUGH....since I'm graduating in Dec (summer start) am I technically class of 2010?
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: September 20, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »
Sheeeeesh.....I guess I'll have to bring to life a "Michigan class of 2011 thread"

ALTHOUGH....since I'm graduating in Dec (summer start) am I technically class of 2010?

nods
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
« Reply #4695 on: September 23, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »
:)

I can delete my answer if you want to delete the question.

If you want to know anything else, just ask.

Piggy Bank, are you the poster formerly known as 'piggy' or are you a different person all together?  I've managed to become confused... 
1L

"I feel really bad for you. I mean, you don't know anything."

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: September 23, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

Piggy Bank, are you the poster formerly known as 'piggy' or are you a different person all together? I've managed to become confused...

if you are confused then I must be really confused. I still don't know who half of you people are.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
« Reply #4697 on: September 23, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »

Piggy Bank, are you the poster formerly known as 'piggy' or are you a different person all together? I've managed to become confused...

if you are confused then I must be really confused. I still don't know who half of you people are.
hah! I havent seen you since that random day you had class in the same room I had free food ;)
1L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 23, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

I still don't know who you are!  I think I know everyone else...
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
« Reply #4699 on: September 23, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »

I still don't know who you are!  I think I know everyone else...

Wait, do you know me? and more importantly, do I know you??
1L