Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

ipso facto

• Yeah!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #4670 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »
FYI for new and old Mac-ies, I'm REALLY impressed with this application; I think I'm going to use it for notetaking:

http://www.circusponies.com/store/index.php?main_page=notebook&sub=organize

What are your thoughts on OmniOutliner. I've played around with it a bit, it looks like it could possibly do the job.

« Reply #4671 on: August 26, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »
I also have a class where laptops are prohibited (maybe we have the same professor?), and it's really making me think about just taking all my notes by hand. Heresy? Lunacy? Idiocy?

<---takes all notes by hand

<---has horrific handwriting

<---will prolly not do so well in class

« Reply #4672 on: August 26, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »
I think, realistically, no matter which software you end up using it's just a matter of DOING THE WORK. And any word processing-type software (even lowly Notepad) is sufficient for getting stuff done. In fact, I often prefer working in Notepad because there are no distractions built in.

I guess what it comes down to, really, is which software has the bells and whistles to make the job easier for you.

AMEN

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: August 26, 2007, 03:27:33 PM »
FYI for new and old Mac-ies, I'm REALLY impressed with this application; I think I'm going to use it for notetaking:

http://www.circusponies.com/store/index.php?main_page=notebook&sub=organize

What are your thoughts on OmniOutliner. I've played around with it a bit, it looks like it could possibly do the job.

I've evaluated both, and feel like this program would be better than Omni Outliner, but mostly because I like the metaphors in this program better than the OO program.  Either one would take about an hour of reading/watching tutorials to feel comfortable in, I think.  To me, none of them are totally intuitive.

And yes, it does look a lot like OneNote, I agree.

I use Omni Outliner, and like it a lot. It's very simple and clean, which I like. I haven't tried this one, though.

Who asked you, Ms. Sunshine and Bouncy Blonde Hair?!

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: August 26, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »
Random thought:

I didn't understand the logic behind the street with 5 UMich merchandise stores until I bought something from 4 of the stores all at once.

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4675 on: August 26, 2007, 07:01:06 PM »
Random thought:

I didn't understand the logic behind the street with 5 UMich merchandise stores until I bought something from 4 of the stores all at once.

Haha. It took me three stores this morning to find a suitable Michigan magnet (Moe's Sport Shop on North U. was the winner - several different varieties)

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: August 28, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »
OMFG COMCAST SUCKS.

• my own cable modem
  • working cable outlet
  • proper cables

Phone call: 1 hour, 27 minutes, and 21 seconds later, I have teh internetz.

eta: anyone know if Sarafina got her XP clean install done? 

Done!  Thanks for your help!  Unfortunately I had to do it twice because I didn't realise that the computer store gives you two different versions of xp and I installed the 64bit version first.  But it all worked out in the end (currently typing this from zingerman's, mmm).

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: August 28, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »

Done!  Thanks for your help!  Unfortunately I had to do it twice because I didn't realise that the computer store gives you two different versions of xp and I installed the 64bit version first.  But it all worked out in the end (currently typing this from zingerman's, mmm).

good!

I had to do most of the system updates and stuff at Starbucks because I didn't have internet here yet.   >:(

Yeah, I did mine at Zingermanns.

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: August 28, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
You two get the award for being industrious.

« Reply #4679 on: September 01, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
has this thread died now?