Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 258132 times)

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #4660 on: August 24, 2007, 07:28:37 AM »
I'm thrilled with mine!  Got the professor I wanted most, a bunch of cool people in my larger section, and one of the LSDers I'm closest with in my small section.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: August 24, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »
The Thing has officially arrived in Ann Arbor.

It's clubberin' time!

p.s. Very pleased with my sectiOn assignment. But I knOw almOst nOOne in my hOmerOOm! Oh nO!

REVISION: Except for EEtoJD!

The Poster has officially arrived back home in Taxachusetts.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: August 24, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
Man, I feel kind of bad...I had to duck out of the MAP stuff on the last two days to receive furniture shipments (yesterday) and sign for my laptop (today).  I didn't realize they'd not allocate oral assignments according to who was actually present, so the person I was supposed to pair with had to go it alone.  Ouch.

That said, it is really nice to pay only $60 for windows xp pro and a full office suite.  I'm in the process of getting my drivers installed on my newly wiped and XP-loaded laptop.  I'm sure you're all jealous of my "fun" or at least you would be if you weren't out having a great time and ducking the rain.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: August 25, 2007, 12:55:14 AM »
Man, I feel kind of bad...I had to duck out of the MAP stuff on the last two days to receive furniture shipments (yesterday) and sign for my laptop (today).  I didn't realize they'd not allocate oral assignments according to who was actually present, so the person I was supposed to pair with had to go it alone.  Ouch.

That said, it is really nice to pay only $60 for windows xp pro and a full office suite.  I'm in the process of getting my drivers installed on my newly wiped and XP-loaded laptop.  I'm sure you're all jealous of my "fun" or at least you would be if you weren't out having a great time and ducking the rain.

I bought XP and office too.  Any advice on how to install XP on my laptop (currently has vista)?  Thanks!!!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: August 25, 2007, 10:10:56 AM »
It's also very important whether your internal hard drive is an ATA or SATA drive.  Mine was an SATA drive and, since modern laptops do not come with a floppy drive, I had to slipstream my SATA drivers into the windows XP CD so that my hard drive was recognized by the installation process.  It's a big pain in the ass but it's doable.  If you don't have an SATA hard drive though, it should be pretty smooth sailing.  I'd definitely recommend downloading and burning the proper drivers ahead of time as suggested since it's very hard to to do if your new installation doesn't recognize any of your networking devices.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: August 25, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »

I bought XP and office too.  Any advice on how to install XP on my laptop (currently has vista)?  Thanks!!!

since we're laptop twins...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=144349

(add that you should find the driver for your network card / wireless card (however you're connecting) and save that to an external device, too.  Just in case.  Go to the Lenovo site then to Downloads and Drivers.  You can find the model number on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop.)

Gracias!  Do we have a SATA or ATA hard drive?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: August 25, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »
The Thing has officially arrived in Ann Arbor.

It's clubberin' time!

p.s. Very pleased with my sectiOn assignment. But I knOw almOst nOOne in my hOmerOOm! Oh nO!

REVISION: Except for EEtoJD!

The Poster has officially arrived back home in Taxachusetts.

I dont quite get that moniker. Sales tax in Michigan is higher, property tax in NH is higher...

but NH doesn't have income tax and mass income tax is pretty high
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: August 25, 2007, 03:03:28 PM »
This is a relatively good bet but didn't hold true for me.  My problem is that I have Intel's newest chipset so the additional SATA controller drivers on newer XP builds still wasn't able to recognize my SATA controller.  I had to take the disk I bought, download the drivers, slipstream them into the XP CD, and then install from there (the nice thing is that since I had to slipstream anyway, I included my wireless n drivers and LAN drivers as well).

This won't be a problem for anyone who either:

A) Has a chipset old enough to be supported by default

or

B) Has some kind of BIOS ability (as the thinkpads seem to have according to that link above) to bypass the issue entirely

EDIT:  or

C)  Has an internal floppy drive or USB floppy drive with which to load the drivers

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: August 25, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »
Thing is, Pigalicious isn't. 

Gotta keep up there Bouzie.;)
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: August 25, 2007, 10:41:04 PM »

B) Has some kind of BIOS ability (as the thinkpads seem to have according to that link above) to bypass the issue entirely

Yeah, this seems to be what the "Change the SATA option from AHCI to Compatible" step does.

The laptop in question has the newest chipset, but I haven't been able to try it because I don't have the XP disc yet.  If you run into any trouble, I'll be around on Monday trying to do the same thing.   :)

I'm gonna try and do it tomorrow nite.  I was at best buy today getting my cell phone and seriously considered asking the 'geek squad' to do it for me.

lsn