Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #3040 on: May 21, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »
G.Coop, where is the good Chinese food in this town?!

Do you really expect him to give away all of his secrets at once? :D

Actually, I'd like to know myself.

« Reply #3041 on: May 21, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
G.Coop, where is the good Chinese food in this town?!

Do you really expect him to give away all of his secrets at once? :D

Actually, I'd like to know myself.

I just need Chinese food. Delivered. But I have no menus or recommendations. I might give up and get pizza.

Now you are making me hungry.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 21, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
erm... I just got into NYU...  :-\

« Reply #3043 on: May 21, 2007, 05:33:51 PM »
erm... I just got into NYU... :-\

So what? I've been at NYU for ages - turned 'em down flat. Without a doubt the coldest school, personality-wise, I've ever dealt with. Just say no, EE. Save your qualms for when Columbia comes a knockin'.

which one is ranked higher? :D

« Reply #3044 on: May 21, 2007, 05:41:18 PM »
erm... I just got into NYU... :-\

So what? I've been at NYU for ages - turned 'em down flat. Without a doubt the coldest school, personality-wise, I've ever dealt with. Just say no, EE. Save your qualms for when Columbia comes a knockin'.

which one is ranked higher? :D

Eh, it happens once every five years or so - I'd bet that Columbia would be right back at 4 next year.

I didn't apply to either so I have no idea.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: May 21, 2007, 05:48:19 PM »

So what? I've been at NYU for ages - turned 'em down flat.  Without a doubt the coldest school, personality-wise, I've ever dealt with.  Just say no, EE.  Save your qualms for when Columbia comes a knockin'.

I'd like to, but it's the whole NY thing. I'll turn them down without a second thought if their financial aid package is crappy. So, cold, eh? I agree, but you've had more dealings with them, I think, so how so?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 21, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »

So what? I've been at NYU for ages - turned 'em down flat.  Without a doubt the coldest school, personality-wise, I've ever dealt with.  Just say no, EE.  Save your qualms for when Columbia comes a knockin'.

titcr.  I turned down close to full scholarship, so clearly Michigan is better.  ;)

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 21, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »

So what? I've been in at NYU for ages - turned 'em down flat.  Without a doubt the coldest school, personality-wise, I've ever dealt with.  Just say no, EE.  Save your qualms for when Columbia comes a knockin'.

I'd like to, but it's the whole NY thing. I'll turn them down without a second thought if their financial aid package is crappy. So, cold, eh? I agree, but you've had more dealings with them, I think, so how so?

I think the job of an admissions office is to lure/coax people into attending, I mean, once they've accepted you they want you to go.  Nonetheless, the staff at NYU, though not unhelpful, remained distant and pretty lifeless.  I just didn't get the sense that they really gave too much of a crap, and that was a big turnoff for me.  Because seriously, if that's their best foot forward . . . :::shrug:::

Just not memorable in the slightest.  And talk about expensive.  And I'm not a fan of the neighborhood . . . it just wasn't right for me at all, to the extent that I said the only thing I'd change about my cycle was not applying to NYU at all.  So mostly it's my gut feeling.  I'm not saying it's a crap school by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm sure it's great for some, but the last thing I'd want to do is live in a super expensive place where I didn't think the people at the school cared all that much.

Columbia left me with a much better impression, despite all the wackiness with my admissions, which says something, I think.

Thanks. I got the same impression from the admissions office. The CoL coupled with the size of apartment you get is a big turnoff for me, especially since I just found five prospective places in A2 on Craigslist in the last five minutes. :)

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 21, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »

Yay!!

That analysis I read a few months ago about how Michigan hooks you from the beginning is so dead on. Every time I think about it, Michigan gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. But it shouldn't, since it is neither warm nor fuzzy. Well, maybe fuzzy.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 21, 2007, 06:56:05 PM »
Haha.

I was thinking we should just go out -- maybe start at Ashley's around 7 on Wednesday?  I've been trying to invite anyone who might be around, one way or another.  I'd be happy to just meet some people and have a nice night out boozing it up.

You all should also plan to do something on, oh, I dunno, sometime between May 30th and June 2nd.