Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #3030 on: May 21, 2007, 01:43:05 PM »
I was talking with some of my college friends who are in NYC, and when they found out I was going to law school at Mich, they all asked my why.... as in why not just go to Cornell where I am right now as opposed to the academically wimpier Michigan?

It really doesn't matter, but there are these rare occasions where Michigan's lack of layman prestige is a bummer. Not that I want to be a snob.... really.... REALLY... I MEAN IT!!!!!....

::)

Just go to Cornell. :D

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 21, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »
ouch

« Reply #3032 on: May 21, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »
I was talking with some of my college friends who are in NYC, and when they found out I was going to law school at Mich, they all asked my why.... as in why not just go to Cornell where I am right now as opposed to the academically wimpier Michigan?

It really doesn't matter, but there are these rare occasions where Michigan's lack of layman prestige is a bummer.  Not that I want to be a snob.... really.... REALLY... I MEAN IT!!!!!....

If it makes you feel any better, I never even knew Cornell had a law school.  I still have no idea where Ithaca is exactly...

awesomepossum

• View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 21, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »
ouch again

« Reply #3034 on: May 21, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »

wilax3man

• Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3035 on: May 21, 2007, 02:06:20 PM »
wednesday night we're hitting the bars for an important fall starter's birthday

Can other fall starters who just happen to be in AA then come?

uhhh .... yeah, of course!

Count me in for Wednesday night birthday bar hopping!

awesomepossum

• View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 21, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

Ithaca is awesome.  Not Ithaca, MI, Ithaca NY.  So is Cornell.  Cornell is the Harvard of Tompkins County, NY. 

However, did any of you ever see this thing?  It's a coin flip as to whether this is bullS$$$ or not, but it's hilarious nonetheless.  The xoxohth - ness of the post notwithstanding.

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=435282

LeavingNewYork

• Never easy, I saw the light fading out..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 21, 2007, 02:14:10 PM »

It really doesn't matter, but there are these rare occasions where Michigan's lack of layman prestige is a bummer.  Not that I want to be a snob.... really.... REALLY... I MEAN IT!!!!!....

I definitely feel your pain AP. I grew up in DC and when I tell my friends and family from home that I decided on Michigan over Georgetown, people give me a look like I'm speaking in tongues.

But then I remember what an awesome time I had at the ASW and I get excited about A2, the law quad, the profs, football, etc., and then I don't really care anymore! 8)

« Reply #3038 on: May 21, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
Wow, I just spent the better part of the day walking around downtown, campus, and the law school. This is a really neat little town! From now on you can call me Mr. Obvious.

wheredyago?

walked down Miller to the downtown area, then explored some of campus and wandered around the law quad. took a lot less time than I thought it would. Basically I was trying to get my barrings and get a feel for where things are. I wanted to try out every restuarant I walked by they all looked so good, but I didn't this time.

« Reply #3039 on: May 21, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »
Wow, I just spent the better part of the day walking around downtown, campus, and the law school. This is a really neat little town! From now on you can call me Mr. Obvious.

wheredyago?

walked down Miller to the downtown area, then explored some of campus and wandered around the law quad. took a lot less time than I thought it would. Basically I was trying to get my barrings and get a feel for where things are. I wanted to try out every restuarant I walked by they all looked so good, but I didn't this time.

yeah, so many good places to eat, it seems.

you gonna come out wednesday night?

I wish I had known sooner I actually will be out of town on wednesday. I may be able to join you guys later on in the evening depending on how late you guys are out for. Let me know the details.