Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

flyaway

• View Profile
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #3000 on: May 18, 2007, 02:14:43 PM »
DEFINITELY KEEP CONTINUIOUS COVERAGE

Oh, don't worry, I am.  It's just more a matter of whether I get a short-term policy to tide me over until August or whether I go ahead and get a regular policy and don't do Chickering at all.

wilax3man

• Don't mess with us pal, We're from New York...
    • View Profile
    • LSN! Leave me a message!
    • Email
« Reply #3001 on: May 18, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »
I arrive in one week, parents in tow!

What are you doing nights?

I arrive in 5 days...parents, friends, and father-in-law in tow...

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 18, 2007, 07:57:17 PM »
Gcoop, flyaway, etc, let me know when you decide on insurance and why.  Currently I'm taking the path of least resistance (ie the intl student plan), but i'm interested in what other people are choosing and why.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: May 19, 2007, 04:23:40 AM »
I'll let you know.  Today I'm leaning toward using another plan (United Healthcare Plan 100), but we'll see.  I might apply for it, and then when approved, I think I'll get a more thorough policy (as opposed to just a brochure) to pore over.

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3004 on: May 19, 2007, 02:49:57 PM »
EE and I both wish we lived closer to AA right now.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 19, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »

What an adorable kitten!  Is it yours?

rtqw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3006 on: May 19, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »

What an adorable kitten!  Is it yours?

Unfortunately no - I found this picture online.

rtqw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3007 on: May 19, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »

Apartment search troubles?

No, getting-to-AA-to-do-apartment-search troubles. There seems to be more apartment listings up in the last few days, so hopefully we should have some good targets once we arrive.

But EE and I spent about two hours on the phone today coordinating plane flights to and from AA - and it was a female dog to find something at a reasonable price. About five times for both of us we got our hopes up thinking we found a good flight only to find out it was sold out/more expensive/flew out of a different airport. Add in some random website issues for both of us, it was quite a pain. But in the end we arranged it so our arrival and departures are both only two hours apart.

(I don't care if Amtrak is overpriced, I still like train travel 1000x more)

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: May 19, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »
So, does that mean EE is still definitely in for UMich?  I thought we might lose him.

Who else is around this evening, and how are you doing?

I am DONE with my job, as of yesterday. :)  I will have a small contract with them to finish up a project remotely, but it's negligible. 

The movers come in 36 hours!  We've done tons of work, and thing seem under control, though we still have plenty to do tomorrow.  My father-in-law was here last night and this morning... he flew down to drive one of our cars up to Michigan, which was super nice of him.

rtqw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3009 on: May 19, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
So, does that mean EE is still definitely in for UMich?  I thought we might lose him.

Who else is around this evening, and how are you doing?

I am DONE with my job, as of yesterday. :)  I will have a small contract with them to finish up a project remotely, but it's negligible. 

The movers come in 36 hours!  We've done tons of work, and thing seem under control, though we still have plenty to do tomorrow.  My father-in-law was here last night and this morning... he flew down to drive one of our cars up to Michigan, which was super nice of him.

If CLS comes calling for him, it might throw a wrench in things (as perhaps Harvard with me - but that probably won't be happening), but we're proceeding with the housing search.

Awesome about the job (or lack thereof) and the moving.

I will be finding time to move out of my apartment this week in the 21 hours between my last final and my graduation ceremony, but fortunately I don't have furniture :)