Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Michigan Class of 2010  (Read 257254 times)

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 02:40:38 PM »
I'm about 50/50 with GW and Michigan at this point (assuming CLS and NYU are rejections). Anyone care to try to convince me otherwise? ;)

How'd we get from 60/40 in favor from Michigan to 50/50? :(

Just read my Michigan vs. NYU thread and substitute any mentions of NYU with GW. It should work well enough.

(new name for this thread: 'Michigan 2010: You Wish You Were in This Thread'?, hmm people might think that is arrogant though, and we are too collegial for that!)
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »
I'm about 50/50 with GW and Michigan at this point (assuming CLS and NYU are rejections). Anyone care to try to convince me otherwise? ;)

Michigan.  U can make up part of the diff during 2L summer (and maybe 1L since you have science background).  Plus lower CoL and more PRESTIGE.

But DC is awesome, and Ann Arbor is just OK. Plus, my 1st year CoL is pretty much free in DC.

Thanks for the replies... sorry to keep barraging everyone with my same boring dilemma. Something new that puts a plus-mark in Mich's column: My iPod was stolen from my room in DC.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »

How'd we get from 60/40 in favor from Michigan to 50/50? :(

Thinking more about it, realizing how much I like DC, the possibility of living in a kick-ass place for free during 1L, speaking to people in the field about GW...
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
What GPA do you have to maintain for that scholarship?

No requirement.

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »

Michigan.  U can make up part of the diff during 2L summer (and maybe 1L since you have science background).  Plus lower CoL and more PRESTIGE.

But DC is awesome, and Ann Arbor is just OK. Plus, my 1st year CoL is pretty much free in DC.

Thanks for the replies... sorry to keep barraging everyone with my same boring dilemma. Something new that puts a plus-mark in Mich's column: My iPod was stolen from my room in DC.

EE, I vaguely remember getting some email saying that spots in the (Astor?) building were already booked up.  Do you know if all presidential merit scholars are still given free housing regardless of whether they've already committed?

The Aston, and yeah, they were booked up. I think they might give it to you in grants if you couldn't get a spot, but I'm not certain about this. Also, the Aston sucks... but they might be able to give space in Columbia Plaza, which is awesome. If I don't get the space there, I think my decision might be made for me... :)

LSN</

S.A.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »
Wow, was GW really that cool? Where's Monserrat?

mudpies

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
Anyone know if the MAP program is available to summer starters in May? Thanks in advance!
Michigan summer starter

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »
EE, a friend of mine is a 1L at GW and says that he's considered an Old Man at 26.  Like, he has a prof. who's younger than he is. 

Just thought you might want to consider that piece of it.  :D 

If people hold doors open for me and give me discounts on food, that might not be so bad. :) Interesting, though... I can see why that would be. Most of the students there seemed to be young.

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »
Wow, was GW really that cool? Where's Monserrat?

I love DC, and I had a great time at the ASW. I hope monserrat made it home OK! Last I saw her was at like 3am in a sketchier part of DC. I got Chinese food from a hole-in-the-wall that also sold burgers and fries. Best sesame chicken I ever had. My friend from NY said the same thing. We paid for it later that day, though.

LSN</

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
are you two gonna kill eachother over baseball? if so, can we watch?
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future