Law School Discussion

University of Michigan Class of 2010

Re: University of Michigan Class of 2010
« Reply #2920 on: May 16, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »
flyaway, this is for you:

So I'm leaving Steak n' Shake (yum) last night when I suddenly hear a crash.  I look up and see a car taking out a lightpost on the median and coming careening towards my side of the road (and scarily close to my beloved car).  They come to a stop on the grass and get out of the car to examine the wreckage.  I call 911, as there's a lightpost in the road, and sit back to watch.

Well, they stumble around for a bit, and I realize they are t-rashed.  And then they start throwing beer cans out of the car.  They go to see if the car will start, but it's totaled, so no.  Then they walk over to us and slur "our car is a smoking."  Then they start to walk away when the police arrive.

Which meant I got to give a statement and watch some arrests and it was very exciting.  Much more exciting than I expected Steak 'n Shake to be on a Tuesday night.

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: May 16, 2007, 09:33:59 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Ward

• A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 16, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
D+T -- Do you have roomies or did you get a 1BR?

Sounds like we'll be close by, perhaps you can piggyback us in to school when its snowing ;)

It's a house. I have 2 roomies. They're incoming Econ Ph.D. students.

I'd love to help you out, but I'm not bringing a car to school. The place is like 10 blocks away from the school. There is a shuttle stop across the street, though! :-p

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 16, 2007, 10:15:46 AM »
flyaway, this is for you:

So I'm leaving Steak n' Shake (yum) last night when I suddenly hear a crash.  I look up and see a car taking out a lightpost on the median and coming careening towards my side of the road (and scarily close to my beloved car).  They come to a stop on the grass and get out of the car to examine the wreckage.  I call 911, as there's a lightpost in the road, and sit back to watch.

Well, they stumble around for a bit, and I realize they are t-rashed.  And then they start throwing beer cans out of the car.  They go to see if the car will start, but it's totaled, so no.  Then they walk over to us and slur "our car is a smoking."  Then they start to walk away when the police arrive.

Which meant I got to give a statement and watch some arrests and it was very exciting.  Much more exciting than I expected Steak 'n Shake to be on a Tuesday night.

Wow, that's crazy!  I'm glad they got arrested for DUI.

Btw, after the Michigan ASW, we drove to Chicago to visit the husband's brother.  On the interstate through downtown Chicago, there was this crazy driving red truck, so we changed lanes and sped up a little to get away from him.  About ten minutes later, we see the red truck again, and he has tried to get off onto the exit ramp at the last second, across some construction.  He cuts off a BUS, which hits him, so that the truck is now perpendicular to the bus and looks like it's even being pushed a little ways.  SOMEHOW, this dude keeps going and seems to be trying to get away, leaving the scene of the accident!  The next thing we know, he is coming back across the traffic and RIGHT INTO OUR LANE!  Luckily, we were able to get over in time without hitting anybody.  It was INSANE.  The last thing we saw, the dude was still going, kinda slowly weaving through the lane of construction.  I hope his truck died and he got arrested.

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 16, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »
FWIW, the shirt I have, flyaway, is just the typical MICHIGAN LAW in all caps, from Steve & Barry's... it doesnt' have the MLAW logo yours has.

and it's very VERY bright yellow ;)

awesomepossum

• View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »
Hey, if you want to write my thesis, I'll be there lickity split.

« Reply #2926 on: May 16, 2007, 01:17:30 PM »
Count me in!

monserrat

• mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 16, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »

I'd be glad to---- but I was a history major, so I'm basically useless.

are we gonna get drunk and trade random history facts!! i love that game!

awesomepossum

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 16, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »

I'd be glad to---- but I was a history major, so I'm basically useless.

are we gonna get drunk and trade random history facts!! i love that game!

:-[

scared..........

what about "are we gonna get drunk and trade random history facts!! i love that game!

LeavingNewYork

• Never easy, I saw the light fading out..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 16, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »
Hi Everybody!

I've been reading this thread for a while now, but since Monserrat found me in the "A question about Michigan vs. Penn" thread, I thought I'd say hi. Can't wait to move to Ann Arbor in August and looking forward to meeting all of you!