Law School Discussion

Yale E-mail

jalong

• View Profile
Re: Yale E-mail
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »
<---- dinged

Like you said, the world needs ditch-diggers.

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »
<---- dinged

Had you gotten the email?

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »
Is this the first ding to someone who got the email?

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
Why are people who got the email finding out before people who didn't get the email?

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2007, 07:26:59 PM »
Why are people who got the email finding out before people who didn't get the email?

This now puts my theory in the crapper.  I hope I'm not rejected for it.

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »

USPS is slow?

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2007, 05:12:35 AM »
I got the email, but I was also part of Yale's outreach efforts in late January to get more applicants. Some of you might recall a letter that Yale sent out to some URM's (I'm Vietnamese/Chinese and didn't know Asians were a URM until this letter). Anyway, I didn't finish my Yale app until February 11th.

I'm taking the letter at face value. My guess is that the people who got the letter (including me) simply all applied late. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you didn't receive the letter, you probably applied earlier than February.

Or, maybe the people who received the letter consisted only of the people who were sent a letter in late January and subsequently applied late.

For people who received the letter and already got dinged, maybe Yale has some weird criterion for auto-rejection?

FWIW, I'm expecting a ding anyway.

Nope, that's not it.  I went complete in early December.  Got the email.  Also, the letter was a little while ago at this point.  It's possible that they just came to a decision between then and now.  Do we actually have anyone who got the letter and was already dinged?  At this point, I think everyone who is still in the running is past the point of auto-rejection.

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
From the attached PDF FAQ:

". . . our goal is to have all decisions made by April 15."

So T-11 days until 04/15 . . . do you think we'll really hear by then?

*bites nails*

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »
hmm well i hope they don't meet thier magic number of acceptances before my file is even complete  :)

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2007, 01:43:24 PM »
maybe there are a lot of people who are going to post on LSN but haven't yet, but I've noticed that this year's numbers and last year's number don't add it.  Every year, LSN gets more users, and so the sample gets bigger every year.  We now have less than 10 fewer acceptances than they had total last year, yet there are not enough pending apps to cover all the rejections that they had last year.  Is it just that people haven't posted yet and that they are going to do it at the end?  Seems to defeat the whole purpose of LSN in my book, but whatever.

Yesterday I emailed them requesting that they hurry up with their decision cause I got one of those NYU deadlines on the 11th.  No response yet.  Maybe my response in sitting my mailbox right now, though.  It's raining and cold, so I won't know for a little while.