Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school for the rest of us: Advice/questions for/from T2/3/4 students:  (Read 36990 times)

kc13

• View Profile
    • Email
1. You ruined the thread by arguing about it.
2. You're on loans because you're not anywhere near successful.
You're a lying piece of sh*t and a thread ruining troll.

Well,we are all in a friendly mood today again,i see

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN

Ummm....since when does having a loan = not being at all successful?

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile

Yes.  Yes you are, AndyB.   :D

:D

I can almost see the pout.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

pastor of muppets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

LOL, My mission was a success then. Glad to know I’m important enough to be on your mind so much. You don’t have the same luxury it seems.

No kidding. This f*cking loser actually made an alias just to take a cheap shot at you (and a rather poor one at that).  You must be proud.   ;D

Sell Out

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
Andy seems like a lovely human being, doesn't he?
Rocking in the free world.

UH 2010

Sell Out

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
Andy seems like a lovely human being, doesn't he?

Congrats on U of H Sgt. D, thats a great school. I almost went there myslef, but Texas was much father from home than CO.

Thank you!  I'm going to take them my seat deposit today!
Rocking in the free world.

UH 2010

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
OK, so I have a question?  I planned to start outlining at the very beginning of the semester, probably the first week. Yet, it sounds like many of you who did that burned out. Was it overall studying too hard or something specific you were trying to do that maybe wasn't necessary?

While were on the topic of outlines, anybody have a favorite 'brand'? (Maybe 'brand' isn't the appropriate term). One more ‘thought’ – do you ever read the restatements or is that just too much in an already packed schedule? Appreciate your thoughts, WHEN you are done studying/taking finals, of course.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OK, so I have a question?  I planned to start outlining at the very beginning of the semester, probably the first week. Yet, it sounds like many of you who did that burned out. Was it overall studying too hard or something specific you were trying to do that maybe wasn't necessary?

While were on the topic of outlines, anybody have a favorite 'brand'? (Maybe 'brand' isn't the appropriate term). One more ‘thought’ – do you ever read the restatements or is that just too much in an already packed schedule? Appreciate your thoughts, WHEN you are done studying/taking finals, of course.

An outline is essentially a synthesis of all the material you have learned.  While it is helpful to start outlining early, outlining the first week or two or school will not be helpful.  You will not have learned enough material to piece anything together.  I personally waited till mid semester.  By then you can see how the material fits together and you develop an understanding of the "big picture"

Reading Restatements that arnt required will only screw you up.  Most classes will teach you the part of the Restatements you need to know - but remember the Restatements arn't official law (and sometimes havent been adopted by courts).  If you learn something outside the bounds of what the teacher wants, well, you could be causing yourself problems. Trust me - you will have PLENTY of material to learn...
2L

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
Cool, thanks. So I guess class must be kind of all over the place to such an extent that you can't piece even little bits together(?). For instance, when you learn battery, don't you also learn the elements and sub-elements? Couldn't I add that to my outline? I thought maybe I would go back and condense, too, as I committed stuff to memory.

But maybe what you are saying is that, while I will understand the major headings, I won't know how to order my major headings. Is that the problem?

Thanks for the tip regarding restatements!
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

ipwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
any adivce on choosing between john marshall in chicago and case western in ohio? i posted this on an earlier thread-- my friend probably doesnt want to stay in ohio... which would have better job placement in chi?

thanks in advance!!!